ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know anything about SupaGuard

I had SupaGuard fitted to my Cup before I picked it up last night. The salesman said to not wash the car for 3 months - only do the wheels - then start to wash it normally.

Sounds like a loud of bollox to me, do you folks know any different?

172 Cup

Why Choose SupaGard?
SupaGard is a professionally applied range of world class products, offering real value to our new and used car customers.

The high quality protection package keeps your new car looking in great condition and offers many additional real value products.

SupaGard Paint Sealant

Forms a tough, high gloss, deep transparent protective barrier on your cars paintwork.

Eliminates the need for waxing and polishing

Shields the paint from harmful ultra-violet solar rays reducing oxidation and fading.

Seals surfaces against harmful acid rain, salt and atmospheric pollutants.

High gloss finish remains wash after wash

GR7

Shiny red R32

I hope you didnt have to pay for it!! If it was that good, ordinary washing wouldnt wash it off!

It costs them about £10 and they charge £250 for it. It is only something like Super Gloss stuff. Complete waste of money.

172 Cup

How does the Paint Sealant work?
As you can see from the image to the right of the page. Unprotected paintwork has an uneven surface. http://www.supagard.co.uk/painsealant/unproteced.gifThis surface allows the suns Ultra Violet rays to penetrate, thereby causing fading to the paint. This uneven surface also allows rain, fallout, tree sap, and salt on the roads to penetrate the paint and cause corrosion to the metal surface of your car.

http://www.supagard.co.uk/painsealant/protected.gifIf you look at the image to the left you can see how the Supagard Paint Sealant forms a tough, high gloss, deep transparent protective barrier on your cars paintwork. This barrier shields the paint finish from harmful ultra-violet solar rays thus reducing oxidation and fading. Furthermore, the paint sealant seals surfaces against harmful acid rain and atmospheric pollutants.

Benefits of the Paint Sealanthttp://www.supagard.co.uk/animation/test.gif
Unlike polishes, which actually take off the paint, the sealant applies a high-tech microfilm, sealing the finish against the elements and preventing the paintwork from fading. The Paintwork also maintains its original look and ensures your car maintains its value.
The easily cleaned high gloss finish remains wash after wash, which means no waxing for the three year term of your guarantee. It also provides critical initial protection against bird lime if removed within 24 hours using Supagard Aftercare Shampoo & Paintseal cream.

dont bother just use autoglym zymol or meguirs(sp) just as good and no where near as expensive, the claims they make about protection of bodywork are way ott

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Ive got it on the interior, ie. to protect the leather / Alacantra and I only noticed today a silly supergaurd sticker in the front window :devilish:

so, does it have a shelf life or are they claiming that it will protect paint work forever. Never having to re-apply???

Clio v6

Do they re- Supaguard any panels that may need repairing? My guess is they would insist that the whole car was done again.

lasts three years app. Ive got it, you need to polish 4 times a year i think. You can wash it as much as you want i think, afterall they give you an aftercare pack.

320d M Sport

its a load of rollocks, a girl at work paid £250 to have her 206 done + mine always looks loads cleaner.

Get that stuff, err whats it called? Oh yeah, Elbow grease.....;):D

As a Car valeter id say wash your car as normal. Supaguard is just another way of parting ppl and there money..all it is ....a sponge with a plastic pack inside full of polish which u have to cut open and polish the car with...thats it oh and i forgot the scotchguard spray they put on to the carpets and seats.

And ppl pay £ 250 for it..and its only as good as the valeter who applied it..best polish to clean your car with is Autoglym radiant wax..and for that special touch try and get some liquid hardwax also made by Autoglym..hope this helps :)

All the best

clio sport mk1 golf

i had a new nissan micra many years ago which came with supagaurd. i followed the instructions to a tee, and the bodywork alwys looked mint. why call it bollox, i thought it was pretty damn good. elbow grease is obviously a added extra but to call it bollox is pretty damn stupid. each to there own.

The Jinx

I was looking at something called toughseal, is it the same? They claimed it needs 24hrs to cure and then it NEVER needs polishing again, or re-treatment. Just a wash. Sid from Revs (years ago) had it done (different company I think) and thought it was the nuts.

Ive always been doubtful of supaguard though, since its the only one I ever see in dealerships.