ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know anything about TV's

Not a 320d
Yo.

Gots to buy stuff for the new flat.

Ive decided the bed, sofa and TV is the first priority. I already have most household appliances so the rest can wait.

Need TV. Want some Advice. I want a decent TV. I am happy to spend £700, I would stretch to £1000 if It were a decent one. Size wise..... Im in a flat....

Saw this. Looked good enough......3D though. Which is gay.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd...e40f6400-smart-3d-40-led-tv-21251493-pdt.html

Also this at 50"

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd...g-ue50f6200-smart-50-led-tv-21339114-pdt.html

I know most of you dont give a f**k what I do but does anyone have some recommendations?

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 CUP
Led is gimmicky.

Spent £1200 on a 47 inch Samsung led and it broke 4 time.

Replaced it with a 51 plasma and it's beyond epic.

Plasma, 3d, 51 and it cost me about £700 .. There circa £5/600 now. CJ can answer more he has the same TV

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Nice looking TV but you would have to be on crack to buy from them, have you seen the total cost - 29.9% APR!

7yzuzasy.jpg

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
This is a Toby thread, hence any suggestion must be 'with finance/pcp' related ;)

Not a 320d
Nice looking TV but you would have to be on crack to buy from them, have you seen the total cost - 29.9% APR!
7yzuzasy.jpg

Fook that. LOL!

Bright House Shite House. All the plebs would shop in there I remember the interest rate being disgraceful.

DB.

BMW 440i
Depends how much you watch it. I like to watch sport and movies on mine, so paying the extra is worth it.

Just like when you pay extra for quality in a car, it's all about having the right balance of £ to value I suppose. You don't get the same level of satisfaction of having someone round in your house/apartment if it's all been done on a budget inside.

DB.

BMW 440i
I considered Curry's, got annoyed with the sales bloke though as he was clueless and I prefer John Lewis anyway, despite being about 20 minutes away from me rather than 5 minutes.

Not a 320d
Depends how much you watch it. I like to watch sport and movies on mine, so paying the extra is worth it.

Just like when you pay extra for quality in a car, it's all about having the right balance of £ to value I suppose. You don't get the same level of satisfaction of having someone round in your house/apartment if it's all been done on a budget inside.

Thats true. 55" is huge though. As much as id like to I'm not sure I really want to spend that much. Certainly not yet anyway.

Im worried about side lit LED from what people have said and one thing that does annoy me is watching TV that has black colours that look grey.

Im seriously tempted by the one you posted but it seems overkill. Itll get some good use however.

DB.

BMW 440i
Your eyes adjust to it, I wish I went for a 65" lol! I don't find 55" too big, I'd say it's perfect for an apartment or smaller living room. 65" for a big living room! The picture quality on both the F7000 and F8000 is fantastic!

DB.

BMW 440i
That is what I was originally going to buy, but after some research and speaking to some of the more knowledgeable people in Selfridges and John Lewis, they all said that the F8000 offered no noticeable difference over the F7000 despite costing £300 more, and I also preferred the stand on the F7000 so went for that in the end. Both are great TVs though, couldn't go wrong with either!

DB.

BMW 440i
Samsung all the way with me and TVs, certainly the industry leader in my opinion although others prefer Panasonic!

Not a 320d
Tv on the wall or on a stand. Room is rectangular. Sofa in the middle. Kitchen at the back. Tv at the front. Seats will be level with the TV so not on an angle.

If you can still get a Panasonic P50GT50, then get one! It's last years Plasma TV, that's what I've recently bought and I'm loving it.

And for my first Plasma TV, I can see why Plasma > LED too :)

Even this years Plasmas are cheaper than LEDs, as they're cheaper to produce, but they cost a bit more to run, if that bothers you.

The ST is the lower range, then there's VT which is above the GT series.
VT are Panasonics reference TVs, and are s**t hot! But GTs aren't far behind.

I haven't got a photo yet, I can get one tonight if I remember.

Not a 320d
Just realised thats ex display or something. cant find it for sale really so I think that might be out the question. Gutted.

Is the ST bad? Reviews rekon its top notch. GT supposedly better but not by much.

Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just realised thats ex display or something. cant find it for sale really so I think that might be out the question. Gutted.

Is the ST bad? Reviews rekon its top notch. GT supposedly better but not by much.

No the ST is a fantastic TV, just not as good as GT.

I've got a VT50 btw.

All three will be in short supply as the 50 series was last years model.

I think I must have got one of John Lewis's last. £800 is a bargain for a TV that was £1500 last year, and will still give £2k LED TVs something to worry about.

SQ5
Panasonic over Samsung all day long. The build quality of the Samsungs isn't great and the Panasonic will last years and years.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Panasonic over Samsung all day long. The build quality of the Samsungs isn't great and the Panasonic will last years and years.

I bought a 50" Panasonic plasma 3d tv last year, build quality is great.
I bought it from Currys, the sales guy said they dont get many back that have gone wrong but do with the Samsung.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The ST is the lower range, then there's VT which is above the GT series.
VT are Panasonics reference TVs, and are s**t hot! But GTs aren't far behind.

I haven't got a photo yet, I can get one tonight if I remember.

Absolutely, I've got the 55" VT50 and it is nothing short of brilliant! I simply can't fault it... unlike the older 30 models there is no green blob lol

Actually if I had to fault it on something.. it would be the speakers are they are not the best sounding, but who uses the inbuilt speakers these days anyway !

Not a 320d
Excellent Ill try get one then.

GF thinks 50" is too big for the flat but Im saying STFU and get back to the kitchen.

DB.

BMW 440i
Excellent Ill try get one then.

GF thinks 50" is too big for the flat but Im saying STFU and get back to the kitchen.

Mine told me 47" was more than big enough, I almost went from 55" to 65" at that point to prove a point, but then realised it wouldn't fit nicely in the area I had planned so had to settle with 55".

When it comes to the size of a TV or power of a car, women are useless. It's all about size and POWAAAHH

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
What is that mate?
We have taken out extra insurance.
By the sound of that we are going to need it.

Here's a couple of pics mate, basically on any gray/white screen the TV produces a green blotchy haze.

This is a problem on all 2011 Panny plasma tv's, I'm yet to see one which didn't have the problem.

Panasonic released a patch which did absolutely f**k all lol.

50inch.jpg

beforeupdate5.jpg

greenblob1.jpg

Not a 320d
Mine told me 47" was more than big enough, I almost went from 55" to 65" at that point to prove a point, but then realised it wouldn't fit nicely in the area I had planned so had to settle with 55".

When it comes to the size of a TV or power of a car, women are useless. It's all about size and POWAAAHH

I know right. First she said 55" was too big and the £2500 telly was too expensive. So I made the compromise to 50" and £800 and this is the s**t I get? Mental.