ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know anything about TV's

SQ5
How far will you be sitting from the TV? For a 50" you ideally need to be sitting 125" away which is over 10 foot!

DB.

BMW 440i
Nah those measurements aren't ideal, I've seen tons of websites come out with different figures. 7ft from a 55 is perfect and I have 20/20 vision!

Not a 320d
I cant seem to find these VT or GT's anywhere. Unless I am blind...

Also went to see the flat yesterday. Theres a lot of light going to be coming through the windows and we dont really watch TV in the dark. Im kind of looking at this now.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd...l50dt65b-smart-3d-50-led-tv-21305163-pdt.html

I know its currys.....

But the TV itself seems to have gotten good reviews. I know what you think of LED but it might be better for a bright room?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Avforums make mount everests out of mole hills, a site to be ignored IMO

Not really.

You did see the pictures I posted on the previous page?

At the end of the day these TVs are not cheap.

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol I know they're not cheap, recently spent £2100 on one. I read through alot of the stuff on avforums about quite a few different TV's when deciding and they certainly make big deals about things 99% of the population wouldn't notice. Obviously with some models and certain brands there are re-occurring issues like you mentioned with the 2011 Panasonic's, but as a whole, that website isn't great for 99% of users.

Not a 320d
I know many forums like that.....

I went to see the TV in richer sounds and have decided I like it and will be buying one.

Not a 320d
Yeah they seemed ok. Little bit brain dead but it was Sunday. I remember what its like working sunday.

Strangely they had a sofa and in front of that was the TV I had gone to look at.

The blacks seemed pretty nice. Ill go get one once I know when Im moving into the flat.

DB.

BMW 440i
A whole thread for a TV you're not ready to buy...there was another user that used to do this, can't remember who though lol! :banghead:

Not a 320d
A whole thread for a TV you're not ready to buy...there was another user that used to do this, can't remember who though lol! :banghead:

I want to get the most out of the warranty. We move in Aug 30th. So I will have gotten the thing by then.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I know they're not cheap, recently spent £2100 on one. I read through alot of the stuff on avforums about quite a few different TV's when deciding and they certainly make big deals about things 99% of the population wouldn't notice. Obviously with some models and certain brands there are re-occurring issues like you mentioned with the 2011 Panasonic's, but as a whole, that website isn't great for 99% of users.

Welcome to forums since the year 1999.

It's the same for anything when you search online.

Truth be told, you'd never buy anything if you took notice of forums.

Not a 320d
Wish id not read through AV forums lol.

Reminds me of detailing world.

Quite a big bevel round the edge. Maybe thats not the correct word. Theres the bevel, then a black strip all the way round the edge. Does that not annoy people?

The VT65 good for PS3 games then? Want to be 100% before I drop £1700 on this b**ch.