ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know exactly how many 172 Cups were actually made??

172 Cup
By all means someone please point me towards an old thread as i'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I was just curious to know how 'exclusive' the 172 Cup really is??
Also, on a similar topic, surely there's no such thing as a 182Cup as only the 172 was made with a special edition 'Cup' model. A 182 can have the 'cup' pack on it, but it doesn't make it a '182 cup', does it????

172 cup'd extreme
there was about 2500 but theres only 1500 on the road now i have one of the 1000's missing cup's engines

IIRC it was about 2000 odd cups made, slightly more i think.

What with winter accidents etc, i'd imagine that figure is now down to about 1500 left.

As for 182 CUPs, you can buy a 182 CUP, so it doesnt have leather etc, but its no where near as hard core as the 172 CUP was. I think the weight saved on the 182 CUP compared to a full fat version with CUP packs is about 20kg, so hardly worth the effort. The difference between them is minimal really. Renault were just trying to make money off the back of the 172 CUP IMO. The only reason to buy a 182 CUP over a 182 with CUP packs is the price difference.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
According to the latest Evo mag it says 2390 cups were made before the 182 was brought out !

Theres a few pages on buying a 172 .

MrBillyUK !

If I remember correctly some DVLA data appeared last year which suggested of the 2200+ Cups made about 2000 or less were left on the road, sadly it seems at least 200 have expired by one means or another.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think the cup is the ultimate clio since the clio began...imho
Not wanting to start a war with the willy owners but its a real nice car

ian

172cup
i nearly lost mine lol.... but had it repaired. i never thought it was as much as 2000 made.

wish i'd bought a trophy instead. there's something geeky yet special about owning a numbered vehicle lol

like this...
05-trophy-int-plate.jpg
05-trophy-clio-plaque.jpg

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Im hoping mine aint one of the dearly departed, still waiting for insurance assesors to make their minds up :(

172 Cup
Didn't realise there was that many either to be honest. Had some quite rare cars in the past (106Rallye, S1 RS Turbo...) and expected the Cup to be a little less common. And since I've moved to Chester it seems that about 90% of the Cups still with us are around here!!
Suddenly a V6 is looking very tempting............

VaVa
2000 odd isn't a lot. When you compare that Honda have sold 18,000 uk CTR's lol.

Which is more than all the UK Renaultsports put together!!

There were only just over 3000 ph2 172's made and they seem to be f**king everywhere.... because you drive one, you tend to notice them more.