ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know SB04 XJW

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
I went and looked at this iceberg silver 182 and the carpet was absolutely buggered and looked like mold on the seatbelts but weren't if you get what I mean, the rooflining was dirty but the seats were ok and the top part of the dash needs replacing. The car overall was good just no history of belts but had service history and mileage was ok too.

How hard would it be to get a carpet, seatbelts in silver, a new rooflining and dash top half. The gear knob inner needs changing too but thats minimal. oh and need a new headlight washer jet.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1501/postcode/g698dl/page/1?logcode=p

500 Twinair
To be honest I would walk away. Price is good, but for a low mileage Clio, the interior is pretty shocking, the steering wheel is pretty good, no history of the belts being done, and it's rolling on 172 wheels.My only thought that it may of been a track car, and the interior bought to put back as standard.
What's you're budget?

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
It's got full service history and spoke to a friend at renault but doesn't show what belt was changed but has had one. I think its got cup packs and had wheels sold and these put on. The carpet looks water damaged as the plie has came away on certain parts and has a green tinge to it. I've bid at the car accordingly and were almost there with the price but he needs to come down a bit more and I can do all the work myself including belts and wheels if need be and still get my money back when it sells. It's got tax and test and had a few bits for mot. I'm not too fussed at mechanicals it's making sure the bodywork is straight as I'm gonna change stuff round too.

I would walk away mate. I looked at this as well (haven't been to view). Recognised the company name as it's 10 mins from me and they have a shocking rep! The company is TopClass Car Sales in Barrhead. I'll let you do the search yourself and make your own decision but something to consider. Hope this helps.

182 Trophy #333
Also interior looks hanging, nurburgring sticker and red calipers to me suggest its been thoroughly spanked at some point during its life, i'd walk away and find a decent one thats been looked after.

Also you say you can do the belts yourself? Do have the proper Renault tools for doing the job? if not i foresee a broken engine shortly after!

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
Also interior looks hanging, nurburgring sticker and red calipers to me suggest its been thoroughly spanked at some point during its life, i'd walk away and find a decent one thats been looked after.

Also you say you can do the belts yourself? Do have the proper Renault tools for doing the job? if not i foresee a broken engine shortly after!

Yeah I've done a few belts even without the tool (only one without) and all been fine. I know it's hard to find a car on a budget and finding it hard to do. If I had 4k to spend on a mint one I would but I haven't and being a mechanic I can keep costs to a minimum but get a reasonable car out of it.

182 Trophy #333
Yeah I've done a few belts even without the tool (only one without) and all been fine. I know it's hard to find a car on a budget and finding it hard to do. If I had 4k to spend on a mint one I would but I haven't and being a mechanic I can keep costs to a minimum but get a reasonable car out of it.

By done a few belts do you mean a few belts on the F4R or a few belts on other cars??

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
By done a few belts do you mean a few belts on the F4R or a few belts on other cars??

On an f4r. I'm not an amature at this sort of thing. I'm someone who is a qualified mech whos been brought up on all things renault all my life as my dad was a time served renault mech so I inherited the genes as to speak.