ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know this car? Advice? RB 182 HV04 KWT

BG 182 FF
Going to look at a RB 182 on the weekend. That old "if it's too good to be true it probably is" saying is ringing in my head...

It's an FF rb 182 registration HV04 KWT

It's selling for super cheap . But it's got 100,000 its on the 7th owner as an 04.
MOT untill feb and nearly full service history by the looks of it. was last serviced 5 months ago.

Should I be worried about the amount of owners, the clearly too cheap price, and the milage? Does anyone know this car or it's history?

Cheers

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mileage shouldn't really be an issue if it's been looked after. Full service history and second cambelt change. Bare that in mind if it hasnt had a second one

BG 182 FF
Cambelt's been changed in the last 5 months, presumably for the second time. Has been described as 'part' service history, stamps for 04, 06, 07, 08, 09 and then I think the trail goes cold, it has been serviced in the last 6 months though.

If I get it I'l be in chester this weekend no doubt showing parry if you fancy a look?

Cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I wouldn't buy it cos of the amount of owners, all have owned it less than a year?

Why should it have had it's second cambelt change?

How much is it up for?

BG 182 FF
I wouldn't buy it cos of the amount of owners, all have owned it less than a year?

How much is it up for?

That's what I thought. But in relaity what are the chances that the car is fundamentally faulty causing everyone to sell it? Surely one of the owners would have got it fixed.

It's for sale for £2700

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Assuming the first one was at the common time of 35k ish.
As long as its recent..

There could be a reason for the numbe rof owners but then again it could be completely innocent.
Is this the first one your looking at Wattso?

BG 182 FF
@ Aucky Yeah first one I'm looking at mate, didn't really think I would afford the insurance but seems I can.... Plus this ones cheap.

@ Sir_Dave The girl selling it says that the aux and cambelt were done in December and she has the receipts for them.

The ad is s**t mate, not worth posting. No info at all in it, had to get it all out of her myself.

Just thinking though, if anyone in the birmingham / tenburry wells area fancies casting an eye over with me tomorrow then there's a few crates of beer in it for you.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'd recommend going to see a few to get a feel for how it should run etc. I didn't with mine because I knew it wouldn't be there the next day if I didn't slap a deposit down.

If its located around B'ham see if Fred knows anything about it.

Also, even if you can afford insurance, make sure you can afford all the rest.. tax, tyres, petrol, tyres, consumables.. its more than you think! :)

BG 182 FF
DSC07909.jpgDSC07908.jpgDSC07911.jpg

Some pictures of the car...

What does everyone think?
A wheel refurb and one exhaust trim ( :S ) and be a rightun. Oh and that skoda spiltter on the front ;)

BG 182 FF
I'd recommend going to see a few to get a feel for how it should run etc. I didn't with mine because I knew it wouldn't be there the next day if I didn't slap a deposit down.

If its located around B'ham see if Fred knows anything about it.

Also, even if you can afford insurance, make sure you can afford all the rest.. tax, tyres, petrol, tyres, consumables.. its more than you think! :)

Yeah but I'm in the same boat as you mate, it's not gonna be there long...
Hopefully be ok with consumables and tax etc... If not I'll have the 1.2 to crawl back to :p

I'd be going through the service history with a fine comb. Checking everything in is order, who's done the work etc. Have an extensive test drive, cold starts, check for blows, knocking etc as well as a good visual inspection.

I'd also contact some of the previous owners if possible and ask why they sold and if there were any reoccurring problems.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yeah between 2200 & 2500

Its 100k - 4 plate with 8 owners - your the 9th-

Its worth peanuts, however if your a little stretched on budget then it may be an ideal car- even 2500 isnt a bargain, a bargain is priced very low V actual value- your buying a cheaper car because of the aforementioned spec

Go & have a butchers, check the belts reciept & of the car runs ok offer2k cash-- if he doesnt like it then let him work up a bit- you always half the difference-
If hes at 2700 & you offer 2 then the reoffer is 2500 then half it again ( less) to 2200 & you will end up around 2350-

Its a woman so have fun haggling....

S

Standard exhaust - that will fall to bits soon- its probably on the second or third one-
Paint looks very flat on the rear photo

BG 182 FF
Cheers steve. I've never seen a ff 182 at that kind of price regardless of owners! I thought it was a bargain :/

I know resale will be lower but in your opinion is there any reasons to completely avoid it?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
nothing especially wrong with it- its just cheap-

I think you do need to throw running cost into the equation- just remember any car over the 100k has more 'risk' attached in terms of needing new components- whether that be suspension, clutch, gearbox, driveshafts, CV 's, etc etc-

& before the CS police jump in & say their car has been to the moon & back- on the law of averages that car will breakdown or have parts need replacing a damn site more often that a Clio with say 40k on it..

You may be lucky- thats the chance you take- put some money aside for emergencies

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
just looking at the ad on PH

the front drivers alloy is kerbed to fook
the front bumper is scratched under passenger headlight
bonnet is swirled to fook
tyre looks like a firestone
bonnet looks dented on the central nose ( above diamond)
no Splitter
Fog light looks as though the glass is smashed & gone as what you are seeing is too clear a pic of that light

I bet even if you get it for 2k it will need 600 spent on getting it nice

Go & have a look but I bet its a SH*Tbox

buy a black or blue 172- or even a mint PH1

S

Last edited: