ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone near Cambridge?

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
I wana change my engine/gearbox oil soon, and am wondering if there is anyone nearby to show/help me? :)

Also, i dont have any axle stands! lol

James

Tungy
To be honest, never changed the gearbox oil on my clio. Haven't changed the engine poil neither yet, but there should be a nut on the bottom of your sump. Stick a container underneath, undo the nut/bolt and walla! your poil will come out. put back in and tighten up, and top up with new oil. Job done, easy peesy.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
I did try and do my old car once, but i couldnt get the oil filter off!! Had to get a mechanic out in the end lol

Just found some cheap axle stands on ebay, cheers

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Well im hoping to get the car to them for manifold porting in a couple of weeks :)

But im trying do everything on the cheap, ive just got some bosch4's which im hoping they'll whack in for free while theyve got the top off ;)

Andy, you rock btw :D lol

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
also not being funny mate but if you cant get an oil filter off! i think you better take the car to a garage lol

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
hey, im tryin to learn! lol

ive done a few bits n bots b4, like discs and pads, coolant, and a radiator's thermostatic switch for the fan :p

There's guides on here. Print them off and staple them underneath your car as your working.