ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone near high wycombe got a clip machine?! URGENT!

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
has anyone near high wycombe got a clip machine and fancy helping me out? car is stuck at work and think the only was i can find out what the problem is is getting it on clip. Immobiliser light is flashing rapidly whar i turn the key and alarm wont stop going off as i cant remotely unlcok the car with either key. seems as though sync has gone but need to get it sorted asap. would really appreciate any help and would obviously pay u for your time if you could come out

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sorry mate, not close or else i'd be all over it like a fat kid to cake but first thing to do/try is change the keyfob battery. Whilst youre in there check the condition of the button on the PCB as this to may be an issue.

Also gonna hazard a guess at the alarm being aftermarket so shutting that up should be fairly simple.

Mick

BMW M135i
Sorry mate, not close or else i'd be all over it like a fat kid to cake but first thing to do/try is change the keyfob battery. Whilst youre in there check the condition of the button on the PCB as this to may be an issue.

Also gonna hazard a guess at the alarm being aftermarket so shutting that up should be fairly simple.

Mick

Sounds like the oem cobra alarm Mick thats how it tends to behave when the car won't authenticate the key. Usually need ear plugs for fixing ones like these the noise wears pretty quickly!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ben i have a solution for these siren "issues"; wire snips and a bucket of water.... #WINNER

lol or a match and a can or petrol! like u say bmh earplugs r needed wen tryin to get nethin done! surprised i havnt gone deaf yet! iv tried spare key but stll doesnt work. half tempted 2 braek the bloody thing 4 spares!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Remove the alarm then especially the wired interupts... this may be the issue.

how do i go about that? im gona try and get my m8 to lend me his trailer soon and possibly try and get the car up to you to have a look at. wont be next week as im off to Wales wrc from weds-sunday!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You will need to (depending on the type of alarm and what it actually does) trace all the wires and remove them and repair any interupts/diverts. If the alarm is at fault removing it fully may resolve your problem but again it depends on what functions your actual alarm performs

Failing that, if you're willing to bring it in, I have a very good record with these kind of things so i'll get her fired up again one way or another.

nice 1 thanks mick, really apprecaite all you help with this! will let you know how i get on and if i need to bring it to you do i have to book it in or just let you know what day?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you do decide to bring it over head to my website and get in touch then we'll arrange a date to drag her over. This week gone and the week coming are stupidly busy (and i'm not complaining) but when its this way you're always best to get a day booked in advance as the days seem to fill up fast.

Mick