ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone near Oxford/Cheltenham with a CAN CLIP?

As title. I fancy retrofitting the rs monitor.
Renault want an hour's diagnostic cost when he reckons it can't be done due to the restrictions on the official clip.

I have a brief guide off the twingo forums from someone that fitted on there explaining the steps in the software.

Beer money if course for helping out.

172 Race Car
Can this only be done with Clip or will some other platform work? Ive no idea what it is you want doing

This is what ive got to work on. I have not seen the clip software but the guy at renault seems to believe the "official" ones are restricted in what they can do where the ebay ones arent.

1. select the 653 ECU (multimedia ecu)
2. go into programming mode (upper right icon with some tools on it)
3. select "write configuration" on the left side menu ( second icon from the top under the home )
4. Select CF001 from the menu on the right and re-calibrate the newly installed RS Monitor
5. turn radio OFF in de ECU365
6. After doing that you can re-configure the language of the screen and thats about it.

after that you should now have "renault sport" on the display when you turn the ignition on... hopefully!
it cost me £20 at the garage to get it reprogrammed as i didn't want to risk it on the clip system, i don't know how it works.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Can this only be done with Clip or will some other platform work? Ive no idea what it is you want doing

This is what ive got to work on. I have not seen the clip software but the guy at renault seems to believe the "official" ones are restricted in what they can do where the ebay ones arent.

1. select the 653 ECU (multimedia ecu)
2. go into programming mode (upper right icon with some tools on it)
3. select "write configuration" on the left side menu ( second icon from the top under the home )
4. Select CF001 from the menu on the right and re-calibrate the newly installed RS Monitor
5. turn radio OFF in de ECU365
6. After doing that you can re-configure the language of the screen and thats about it.

after that you should now have "renault sport" on the display when you turn the ignition on... hopefully!
it cost me £20 at the garage to get it reprogrammed as i didn't want to risk it on the clip system, i don't know how it works.

Can definitely only be done using CLiP.

I've got one and happy to help, especially as you've got the instructions on what needs doing, but I'm a good few hours drive away! :(

Thanks mate. Would it work on the 200? If I could come to you at some point to tinker about before I order the part, that would be good.