ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone notice a difference with V Power ?

SL.

Valver
V Power gives me worse average MPG in the valver! Placebo effect I think. And performance? Who wants to be taking roundabouts at 45mph right now anyway?!

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
I used it regularly in the scooby for two years and alternated with 95 unleaded too.... couldn't notice any difference at all... and that was in import, around 300bhp'ish that was supposedly best run on 97+ ron. There's certainly no difference in a clio I reckon, well not one that you can 'feel' anyway. There's been a few tests on this and its only turbo cars mainly that get any real gains from what I remember.... Maybe it is cleaner and more efficient but I reckon its more mind over matter when thinking it feels quicker.... certainly in a NA engine with sub 200bhp...

Ph1
I used it regularly in the scooby for two years and alternated with 95 unleaded too.... couldn't notice any difference at all... and that was in import, around 300bhp'ish that was supposedly best run on 97+ ron. There's certainly no difference in a clio I reckon, well not one that you can 'feel' anyway. There's been a few tests on this and its only turbo cars mainly that get any real gains from what I remember.... Maybe it is cleaner and more efficient but I reckon its more mind over matter when thinking it feels quicker.... certainly in a NA engine with sub 200bhp...

You were lucky

Spoke to a salesman at a Subaru dealer a few years back and they wouldnt touch a imported Scooby again after the two imports they sold went pop all down to the differences between the UK and Japan octane levels apparently (98 vs 100 ron)