ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone r using ADVAN A052?

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Hi folks, thinking of having new tyres as my set of R1R is about time for retirement.
Would like to hear some feedback of A052 on a clio....anyone?

Cheers

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
To expand a little. I've been using them since they became available in 15" sizes. They were available in larger sizes for a couple of years before hand and one of my competitors ran 1 set on 16" rims for the entire season, wet and dry. And won the championship.

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Thx for the input mate! but How about on the wet? For R1R...they r better than ad08r I wonder 052's r even better? I had several semi slick before the R1R r seems the best on the wet

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Thx for the input mate! but How about on the wet? For R1R...they r better than ad08r I wonder 052's r even better? I had several semi slick before the R1R r seems the best on the wet
I also have a set of R1Rs for wets but I'm about to sell them on because they're only really good in absolutely torrential rain and anything else the AO52s are better. Last outing at Castle Combe we were running rings around most of the 40 car grid, qualifying 3rd until the gearbox failed.

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_2275.jpg
IMG_2343.jpg

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
I also have a set of R1Rs for wets but I'm about to sell them on because they're only really good in absolutely torrential rain and anything else the AO52s are better. Last outing at Castle Combe we were running rings around most of the 40 car grid, qualifying 3rd until the gearbox failed.
Would you point me out where is the best place to order a set? The best price I found for 195/50/15 was around £130 each

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Just wondering What's the size for the 052 you used mate? S I know they do hv 195 or either 205/50...am not sure which 1 is better

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I've used A052's on 2 occasions recently at Cadwell and Donington. Both times it was wet going to dry, no real standing water and i found them to be shockingly good. Mine are 195/50 x 15

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
0549972cf83c439ff17b8e8a3b7b598a.jpg

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Thx for the replied buddy nice picture btw!!
Any close up pictures of ur wheels with 052 on?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
A052s are seriously good tyres in pretty much all conditions. Even on the rosd in thr cold and wet they still manage to grip up well enough to not want to kill you.

Just as fast, if not faster than the benchmark 03Gs in the dry but far better in every other condition

Just don't last long, I got under 2.5k out a set of rears Inc 3 track sessions at KH and 4k out the front with the same track use.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I use 195s at the moment which have been fine. Some use 205s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you done back to back testing against AO50?

Deciding if to bite the bullet next season and move from 195 AO50’s to 205 AO52’s..

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Have you done back to back testing against AO50?

Deciding if to bite the bullet next season and move from 195 AO50’s to 205 AO52’s..
Not exactly. On our pre season test day this year I had intended to do just that. We ran AO50s in the morning and the plan was to switch over after lunch. Unfortunately the engine broke a rocker just before lunch so that was our day over.
Hopefully we'll do the same in March.
I've been tempted to move to 205s but the car will be significantly lighter again by March and I'm not sure we'll need the extra traction.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I know Mr Hunter went significantly quicker went testing the DZ03G 195 v 205

Its difficult as I haven’t found anyone who has tested against each other yet.
Tempting to get some AO52 and worst case they can be wets if no quicker!

AO52 sounds like a good option as I find most UK track days up north are damp, and my current AR1's are hopeless in these conditions as are my Rainsport 5's.

These sound like a great in-between option.

£668 a set for mine, 225/50/15 rear - 205/50/15 front versus £492 for AR1's in the same sizes.

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
Not exactly. On our pre season test day this year I had intended to do just that. We ran AO50s in the morning and the plan was to switch over after lunch. Unfortunately the engine broke a rocker just before lunch so that was our day over.
Hopefully we'll do the same in March.
I've been tempted to move to 205s but the car will be significantly lighter again by March and I'm not sure we'll need the extra traction.
I hope weight loss updates will be in your build thread?