ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone recommend a laptop currently?

172cup
Want to get my gf a laptop for valetines day (in know i know). Had a look today in PC world, Comet, Currys, Costco etc etc... but i don't realy know everythng i should be looking for.

Don't want to spend anything more than £650 really. As its for a girl, light and stylish would help.

Thanks in advance for any help

Rav4
Refurbished MacBook 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, White
13.3 inch (diagonal), (1280 x 800 resolution), Glossy TFT Widescreen 1GB (two 512MB) 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM 80GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW) Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory Built-in Airport Extreme Wi-Fi (802.11n) Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Learn More
• Save 15% off the original price
Original price: £699.00
Your price: £599.00
(£509.79 ex VAT)
Ready to ship:
8 days
Free Shipping

HP laptops are nice, could get a nice samsung for that too.

Even Sony ones.

£650 is quite a bit for a present, could you not get her a £400 laptop, that would be more than good :)

I don't want to spend anything over £650, and the cheapest ones (£700+) only have a 13" screen?

172cup
^ thanks mate, but i need it for valentines day so would have to pick it up. Also, not dismissing what you've posted but I doubt she;d be impressed with a 2nd hand refurb present lol.

Rav4
That's very cheap.

Even has a 17" screen and 2 gig ram and a large HD.

Only issue is the processor as such, not too good on the old battery life.

But if mainly plugged in the mains, then that's no problem :)

Punto/Clio GTT
im inclined to think you can pick up much much better deals online and be able to shop about than go into the store for a limited selection.

have a browse on laptopsdirect.co.uk

i had my gfs laptop off there

172cup
im inclined to think you can pick up much much better deals online and be able to shop about than go into the store for a limited selection.

have a browse on laptopsdirect.co.uk

i had my gfs laptop off there

laptopsdirect.co.uk have got the R700 at the same price as Tesco's... so at least if i get that one i'm not being ripped off lol

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Sony Vaio...

Not the highest spec but not too slow either. Stylish and very well built and available in a few colours for around £500 upwards. Cheaper online but John Lewis, Currys etc stock them too...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ye, I bought 2 eee pc's to sell the 2nd one on e-bay but my girlfriend decided she would have it.

She loves it and it fits in her handbag ;)

172cup
ok so i got the Samsung R700 today. £599 from tesco. Looks awesome, really smart.

not tried running it yet, so unsure just how well it performs... but the reviews seem very good.