ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone seen a nice example for sale at a good price?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Right, since getting the Kangoo Ive been itching to get myself a sporty clio to have a blast in.. As I have loads of cars Im keen to get something special for a good price (aren't we all) :)
If you are anything like me you might of been checking out the classifieds and saw something that looked good value, Ive seen the 197 for 9.5k which looks awesome but as Im not ready to get on the track just yet its not very practical, (tempting though)..
The reason Im asking instead of endlessly trawling is I don't have a clue, what with all the different specs. What Im looking at..
So what have you seen that Ive missed?

FF Racing Blue 182
The only advice i can give is don't jump in after you feel you've been waiting around for ages for "the one" to pop up

I waited and waited for an inferno with cup packs to come available on my door step

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I saw a 197 at ford in Bedford!
Was up for just under 7 I think. I haven't checked it out,
Think it was on an '07

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
The only advice i can give is don't jump in after you feel you've been waiting around for ages for "the one" to pop up

I waited and waited for an inferno with cup packs to come available on my door step

Im very impatient, thats my problem.. see something and think wow not likely to see a bargain like that again.. till tomorrow lol

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
that is Mint R27 Money with 2k/2.5k change or Great 200 Money with minimal change-

S

If you want special get a Trophy, Stan(Username) on here is selling one for cheap not sure on condition though.

For fun a 1*2 is hard to beat IMO.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
That phase one would be ace I've thought about it a few times and I do fancy it just the wrong time of the year for me if it was late summer if have that in a flash!

Kangoosport I would come to a meet soon and go for a drive with a few of the local lads then see what you like as you've got the cash to spend you could have anything really.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
That phase one would be ace I've thought about it a few times and I do fancy it just the wrong time of the year for me if it was late summer if have that in a flash!

Kangoosport I would come to a meet soon and go for a drive with a few of the local lads then see what you like as you've got the cash to spend you could have anything really.

If the Mrs lets me lol... saw this http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...new/radius/1/postcode/st55al/page/1?logcode=p and this bad boy, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-c...3272097?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ac33f18a1 thoughts please?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I wouldn't got for the 172 if it was me I would be going for the

ph1 on itb's
mint trophy the one that you linked looks ok
The white 197 on itb's
or something that you won't loose money on a ph1 v6. Buy a ruff one do it up and you could make money?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I wouldn't got for the 172 if it was me I would be going for the

ph1 on itb's
mint trophy the one that you linked looks ok
The white 197 on itb's
or something that you won't loose money on a ph1 v6. Buy a ruff one do it up and you could make money?

Id of thought the 172 turbo was good value as most of the works been done recently by a decent (I think) outfit.. Would cost a fortune to build same spec..
The 197 is posted everywhere and not moving which indicates Id struggle to shift it too.
As for V6 I wouldnt know where to start buying one, doing one up or selling lol.. Not bothered about making money.. More concerned about losing a lot.. 10% is acceptable :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If I had a £10k budget I'd be after an early but well spec 200 or a tidy Ph1 V6.

I wouldn't buy a Clio that's had a turbo/itb conversion as it could be a proper money pit, especially if you can't do the work yourself.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Then I wouldn't buy the 172 turbo the ph1 on itb's is what I would be thinking or be brave and wait a little bit and get a v6 I'd happily take you for a spin in mine. Join the v6 forum the gides are unreal on there and the amount of history on there about each car. There's a very nice ph1 on there now for 7k but you have to be a member to view it.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Then I wouldn't buy the 172 turbo the ph1 on itb's is what I would be thinking or be brave and wait a little bit and get a v6 I'd happily take you for a spin in mine. Join the v6 forum the gides are unreal on there and the amount of history on there about each car. There's a very nice ph1 on there now for 7k but you have to be a member to view it.

Thought I was a member? Is there a link?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
If I had a £10k budget I'd be after an early but well spec 200 or a tidy Ph1 V6.

I wouldn't buy a Clio that's had a turbo/itb conversion as it could be a proper money pit, especially if you can't do the work yourself.

I agree if you buy a dog but these 2 seem ok and they are something like I would hope to achieve for a lot less money.. Thats my thinking but could be wrong..

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

That particular Ph1 has been done by TDF, it will be bombproof.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you a member of v6clio.net?

It's done 40k 12 months mot and 6 tax
saguna7y.jpg

e9uvyzy7.jpg

4etu2yny.jpg

ta5uhyqa.jpg

nesebeta.jpg

And it's got a few nice extras!!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I think it's £10 or £12 the amount of info on there is crazy and worth so much more!