ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Sold or is Selling at the moment

Has anyone recently sold / anyone selling their 172. How did you find the market place cause I am struggling to get rid of mine. Ive got it on Autotrader and Pistonheads. Is there anywhere else. Is it too expensive??

file://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/detail.asp?i=30522&s=293">file://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/detail.asp?i=30522&s=293

Any feedback would be appreciated

My mate just sold his MKII 02 2002 172 in Silver for £7825. Had around 30000 miles on the clock. Sold it via Auto Trader.

Daipac You are right but I know when people see the car they will love it. Ive looked after it so well and it still has a warrentee for another 11months

I dont doubt that for one second mate, it looks the business it really does. If you can get people to come and see it then it will be sold.

ad172.................you could try bringing the price below the 8k mark (£7999) its kidology I know but it works.

Also the site youre selling it on is where I got my V6 5weeks ago but you could also put it in the Autotrader.

Cheers Stuart

I think I was incredibly lucky, but I paid £5,400 for a X reg black mk1 172 a couple of months ago, 48K on the clock, FSH and in really good condition. Having said that the guy was really really desparate to sell.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Selling used cars takes time and effort - you can do it if youre prepared to put lots of both into the job.

Personally I couldnt be arsed, particularly after seeing some of the nightmares people go through to get rid of a good car.

I think one of the problems with a 172 is that c£8k is still a lot of money, and people are nervous about spending that sort of money with no comeback.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I sold my bmw a while back and it was mint. I had no one come and look at it for over a month!!! Then first person who came and looked bought it in less than 10 mins!

Sods law i think they call it.

When i bought my 182 i thought if i lose 2k per year over 3 years and i would be more than happy (paid 12k new). Every car I have owned has lost on average this amount.

Question - if a 2002 02 172 in mint condition with 52k is up for £8k (which is a fair price...seen a few 02 reg 172s in dealers for £9995), how much does the mileage affect the price?

For example, my own car, same year/age/colour has done 12k miles. Does this mean I could ask any more for it?

BMW 320d Sport

LOL Mauricewt buy a vgc Williams 1 and you wont have to worry about depreciation, and have a damn good drive into the bargain.

I paid 9k for my 2004 172 :) 7500 miles on clock and a Clifford Concept 500 + G5 accessories already on the car.

Unfortunately for people selling ...its a buyers market out there on 2nd hand motors right now. The market is flooded with people trying to sell.

I always find that a sign in the window is the best way of getting interest in the car.

try ebay

set a reserve ur happy with and rememeber the ebay tax but most people never sell off ebay but a lot of people will see it and u may sell out of ebay close to they price u want from people who saw it on ebay

but yh the market if flooded with 172 and the choice is endless i rememebrr gav-t taking ages to shift his mint example but not even sure if he sold it or got wat he wanted for it

good luck anyway