ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone stuggling to sell their Clio Sport?

DB.

BMW 440i
My 206 went to a buyer on Autotrader within 15 minutes. Picked up the next day!

Autotrader seems the best place to sell, was worth the money for me! That car was slightly modded, but i only sold it with ones such as standard GTI alloys over trims, colourcoded mirrors etc.

Demod it a bit!

M3 SMG
Fad pistonheads just isnt what it was IMO

M3 took forever to sell and nothing but stupid emails/calls asking for 5k off price. 1at person to see it bought it the day I wrote the add for Autotrader

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
I'm strugling to sell my Ph1 172. I've been very honest with the advert, and its a nice original car, with only a cat-back exhaust. I've mentioned that its had the head off at 45k to rectify an aux belt failiure, and this seems to be putting people off. I may shorten the ad soon.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's crazy to think that 182's are pretty much going under 4k now!

That was unthinkable last year at ones I looked at.

M3 SMG
I'm wishing I had waited and purchased a black or blue one now as I could of saved a fortune lol

Oh well

fad

Clio 182 FF
Fad pistonheads just isnt what it was IMO

M3 took forever to sell and nothing but stupid emails/calls asking for 5k off price. 1at person to see it bought it the day I wrote the add for Autotrader

James me ole mucker I am going to put it on the trader later....you should of waited and bought mine!

172DD Cup
i think the issue with buying a car with mods is that it's been personalized for someone else and will never feel like your own car. it will feel like you are driving around in someone elses pride and joy. if you compare this with an umodded car, it doesn't have it's own identity yet- it's a blank canvas- and as the owner of a factory standard car you feel free to make it yours and give it an identity. at the very least, it won't feel like it still belongs to someone else.

sorry if this sounds like a bit of drivel, couldn't think of any other way to explain it!

good luck with the sale :cool:

Last edited:
  172DD Cup
I'm strugling to sell my Ph1 172. I've been very honest with the advert, and its a nice original car, with only a cat-back exhaust. I've mentioned that its had the head off at 45k to rectify an aux belt failiure, and this seems to be putting people off. I may shorten the ad soon.

definitely. you shouldn't put anything in about previous repairs unless its a cat a,b,c,d insurance write off, then you should declare it.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Its on a bloody huge invoice from Renualt that I have, so thought I better mention it!

Also get annoyed when people offer p/x's that arn't mentioned in the advert. Why oh why would I want an mr2 Turbo when i've a child on the way?!

172DD Cup
i would still remove it as it shouldn't have any bearing on the sale. putting the word 'repairs' into a buyers mind will leave you with an uphill struggle. it's much better bringing it up in conversation at the viewing before they start looking through the paperwork and service history. if i went to see a car and came across a big invoice in the paperwork, i would just think "they spent a lot of money getting the car repaired= money no object keeping the car in good condition."

or just don't show them the repair paperwork. i didn't on the last car i sold. i just gave them the v5 slip, the mot and the service history.

just in my humble opinion of course :)

LY 182
I'd probably be interested in swapping my standard cup alloys + some cash your way. (Could do with a bit of a refurb like yours).

Titanium 182 Cupp'd FF
Mine's been on here Renaultsport and Meganenet for two weeks and autotrader for 1 and I've only had a couple of people PM and no calls from autotrader yet. Dropped the price a bit on Friday so hoping the second week on Autotrader will get some calls.

To be honest the second hand RS's aren't moving quickly and I've seen the same with the Meg's over on Megnet. Really frustrating as I've seen a couple of R26's go for really good prices or end up heading to the dealers as px, but I can't buy until mine moves.

Going to hold out for another few weeks, hopefully now the football is nearlly over people will be back to spending their money on something other than the pub!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
markets a piss take. Id go standard all the way and then punt the extras then take a view on the price.

Masses of competition and lots for sale.

Titanium 182 Cupp'd FF
3 weeks on here coming up for two on autotrader and I have a buyer! Deposit paid arranging collection so hopefully all will go smoothly.

Funny thing is 2 hours after agreeing on a price I had another call offering the asking wanting to pick up same day for cash. I turned him away as everything was agreed with the first offer and I am an honest chap, sometimes to my own disadvantage!

Anyway it does show that there are buyers out there and if you aren't in a huge rush you can get a price you are relatively happy with.....

Best of luck to all still selling.

Titanium 182 Cupp'd FF
p.s already starting to miss the 182 and it hasn't even gone yet, sure an R26 will be just as fun!!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
good stuff mate- always new that was a good car I sold yee-

Im still getting people message me after a LY 200 nearly 6 weeks after selling it-
I think some people wait for you to drop the price then get the hump when it sells before they ask about it-
thats the risk when waiting for a lowered price!!

S

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I dunno about RS's....... I think the whole market is struggling at the moment

I am trying to sell my VR6 but having no luck. Its not even dear TBH. In fact, i would say it was cheap. Still, not much interest.

Doing my head in taking up space on the drive, lol