ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used SW motorsport (Leyland) for roll cages?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Seen em pop up a fair bit. Is it near/same estate as Grinspeed?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Civics? Surely Grinspeed must have an idea then, seems a bit of a coincidence! Leyland has sod all else ha

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
I enquired about a proper cage for a civic I was building a couple of years back and he was reluctant to send me any pics of previous work, he did eventually and i wasn't impressed, obviously that's just my opinion and may have been the only pics etc he had but I bought a full SD weld in cage instead.
Russ

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Amery Motorsport in Congleton, I wouldn't touch SW because when they did Robs Megane they cut wires they weren't supposed to cut, overspray everywhere and also took about a month to do it because they book that much in they do a bit there and a bit here.

Amery MS had my car for 3 days and the quality of work is fantastic, they re-sealed the underneath and even painted the mount's inside the car the same colour as the body. My cage was from Mark Fish and the cost of fitting by Amery was £500, sounds a lot but when its a proper job I couldn't careless.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Amery Motorsport in Congleton, I wouldn't touch SW because when they did Robs Megane they cut wires they weren't supposed to cut, overspray everywhere and also took about a month to do it because they book that much in they do a bit there and a bit here.

Amery MS had my car for 3 days and the quality of work is fantastic, they re-sealed the underneath and even painted the mount's inside the car the same colour as the body. My cage was from Mark Fish and the cost of fitting by Amery was £500, sounds a lot but when its a proper job I couldn't careless.
That's about what I'd charge to do a bolt in cage so it's not expensive imo, some are a lot more work than others though!
Russ

Amg A class, M3 CSL
Shaun has a Facebook page if you want to see photos of work. He's just put a cage in for me and it took longer than expected.... I think he has started booking stuff in properly as he was getting a few complaints about timescales. If you want an off the shelf cage then I'm sure you will be ok. I designed one and it didn't go as smoothly as expected. Shaun is a nice lad, he runs the civic cup and M3 cup, can be hard to get hold of, I had to drive over a few times to check quality and progress. We got there in the end.

BMW E36 328
I'd highly reccomend SW Motorsport's for roll cages. I've had two cages built by them now, one in my R26 Megane and another just done in my e36. Their work is fantastic and very well priced. The cage and paint I've just had done on my e36 is amazing, if anybody wants any pictures of their work I'll be happy to send some pictures over your way. Lots of photos on their Facebook page too.

Amg A class, M3 CSL
Just not the easiest to get hold of, which is frustrating. Mine took ages to complete but got there in the end

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 318
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 356