ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone vinyl wrapped bullets?

Clio 182
Thinking about doing mine in carbon vinyl (silver 182) to match my front badge, was just wondering if anyone had done them and if so if they have a picture or your opinions on how it'd look

koi

Audi S1
Just wrapped mine in carbon vinyl, will put them on and post a pic later on. Not sure if I'm a fan though so will probably just keep my painted ones on.

Clio 172mk2
07052010074-1.gif

11052010076.gif

there mine

Clio 172mk2
numbers is the easy part, credit card was used to get close. hardest part with letters is the "1" at top left.

Id say hardest bit was doing the end rounded edge without creasing it. But having said that its not too hard just prep surface and make sure its clean

Clio 182
numbers is the easy part, credit card was used to get close. hardest part with letters is the "1" at top left.

Id say hardest bit was doing the end rounded edge without creasing it. But having said that its not too hard just prep surface and make sure its clean

Cheers for the tips, i'll have a go tonight and get some pictures. You considered putting lacquer on them? Supposed to bring the shine right out on them.

Clio 172mk2
na, i like them dull. If i was going for shiney i`d use proper carbon.

Tbh i got the 3m vinyl for free and my bullets where lookin crap, loads of little pits and marks. So sanded em and cleaned them with fairy ;) and dryed them, and went with vinyl. They look more subtle from a distance unlike the shiney silver ones.

This was first time ive ever done done it. After that i did front diamond but i need to do that one again as i rushed it abit. Did boot diamond too.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Ive just done a load of bits on mine and its easier than i thought i used a hair dryer and old card and it got it sorted ok

Ive done bullets, dimonds , dash strips and inserts

Mk5 golf gti
I'd like to see what they look like once they have a few coats of laquer on them :approve:

Anyone?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Ive started to laquer mine no pics yet but search di-noc on here and there is a thread someone has asked about laquering and there is a link to a site that tested laquer

My attempt, thimk I'll keep them as they are tbh

Another option, maybe if on the carbon vinyl'd ones you went over the letters in silver paint. So it looks like your old ones, but with carbon background instead of anthracite?
Although with the texture painting directly over the top probably would be hard!

koi

Audi S1
Another option, maybe if on the carbon vinyl'd ones you went over the letters in silver paint. So it looks like your old ones, but with carbon background instead of anthracite?
Although with the texture painting directly over the top probably would be hard!

Good shout, got the paint anyway so will give it a go.

How does the di-nic look after lacquer?