ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with a PC polisher able to do me a huge favour

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I no longer have the clio and now have a hyundai coupe (Tuscani Elisa) I have bought a set of the Tuscani badges to swap over, but they are a bit too narrow. I've taking the old Huyndai one off the bonnet and removed as much of the adhesive as possible. Unfortunately is looks like someone has added a very strong glue to help stick it down. I have tried to take this off but it is solid. I really need someone to just go over with a PC to buff the rock hard adhesive off so I can change the badge over.

It shouldn't take long, but I would be willing to pay.

I'll pop some pictures up in a second

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Here are the pictures.

DSC02212.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
personaly i would soak it in tar and glue remover for half hour then it should rub off eventualy, thats what a did with my 306

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Thanks guy's that info is much appreciated. I can't stress how much I want to get rid of the Hyundai badge and it has literally taken months to get hold of the Tuscani badges!

Soak an old cloth in tar remover and leave it on top for a while, in the shade.

Or possibly a hair dryer.

A PC wont touch it

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
bought some today, just need to sun to go and the heat to disappear with it, will be about 10 pm lol

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Just tried it and it made no difference what so ever. I bought the AG intensive tar remover and left it to soak for 30 mins and then tried scrapping, but it was as before and not moving. Any other idea's on how to get it off. My other halfs dad wants to try acetone on it tomorrow if not or alternatively heat it. I am not sure either would be great.

M2 Competition
Ive found wd40 best at this kind of thing. Soak it in lashings and lashings of the stuff, then use a nail/ credit card to slowly chip away at the edges of the glue as you apply more wd40 until it starts coming away. Will take time, but it works.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Just tried it and it made no difference what so ever. I bought the AG intensive tar remover and left it to soak for 30 mins and then tried scrapping, but it was as before and not moving. Any other idea's on how to get it off. My other halfs dad wants to try acetone on it tomorrow if not or alternatively heat it. I am not sure either would be great.

keep putting more on every few mins

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
cheers, will try again, it has ruined the car I was using, the card was just getting ripped by the glue as completely frayed. I will have to give the WD40 a try! if not then I guess I will have to sand down.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
now all done, my father in law to be! managed to get it off with Acetone. Nothing else worked including lighter fuel and wd40. We used a ton of acetone, but he gets it from work so thats fine! cheers for all your suggestions.