ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with Magnex on Mk2 172

How much is the Hill Power one, and is it any good?!

Ive been thinking of getting a Clio Cup Orbisound system
OR
...getting Hayward & Scott to make a s/s one up for me

I emailed H&S heres the reply

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your enquiry.The price for a cat back sports system with
the tail pipe hidden as standard is £425 +delivery . It would improve the sound and improve performance
We only have patterns for the 2001 model (twin cat).

If you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Rather than start another exhaust topic, does anyone have any opinions of Powerflow exhausts? I popped into Topgear garage in St Albans and asked about their exhausts, but werent to forthcoming with info and get the impression they wont win any prizes for customer care, no brochures, price lists etc. oh and the garage looked a complete mess...perhaps I may avoid this particular garage but are Powerflow any good?

powerflow are always a mess as they have to keep loads of bends, link pipes, mandrel machines etc all at hand...
i got a pwerflow dud to fix my exhaust, and he did a top job, but the top gear peeps are meant o be the ebst, and i know the guy up there (steve) and service has always been great for me.
Plus we get a 10% discount for cliosport.net

172 & LCR

And still no one with a Magnex backbox actually fitted to a Mk 2 172 I even rang Nick Hill today and he doesnt know the answer. PLEASE tell me it does I know there is one post that says it does but Ben only says hes seen them on 3 others but they could have been full systems and I dont want to hacksaw my original backbox off without a firm answer of yes they do fit Ive got one on my Mk2 and possibly a part No to go with it. And I thought this was the Cliosports club not the the clio BOG standard club for pussys.
P.S only joking with the last remark but how long do I have to wait for the answer.

m@thew : so would H&S make a custom Mk2 172 zorst do you think? Ill have to have a word with my mate, who is good friends with one of the blokes there...

JJ172 - I have recently spoke to H&S about the same exhaust. They said as they only currently have one for the Mk 1 - they would need my car for 3 days to do the custom cat back - They didnt give me a price though.

But if it is £425 as mentioned above its a bit out of my price range!

Argents Hill Power exhaust sounded the dogs nads when I saw his car in France - £300 I think he said.

When Nick@HP did my exhaust, I got the original one back intact and ready for refitting....

Tonys right, its quite *vocal* at around 4/4.5k rpm but when the VVT kicks in and you start to go past 80 it gets significantly quieter all the way up to 140......

I now love going through tunnels!

ak

Yeah that was what I thought until I saw them when the car was getting aligned......

NH will know for sure....

ak

ak - any chance of posting a sound file of your exhaust?! Sad I know, but Id be interested how much louder it is than the std system.

Havent got a PC (!) only my work lappy, I will check if the drivers have been configured (its locked down tight)...

Ta

ak

172 & LCR

The motor is now lowerer 40mm with Apex springs and has a set of Ace 197s 17" on and is looking well smart but still waiting for that lovely 6*4 oval Magnex which will be purchaced as soon as someone tells me it fits.

Should be having my Magnex 6x4 oval Fitted to my Mk1 172 on Sunday - Ripspeed (Halfords) Swansea - Thanks Taff it was a pleasure to meet you.