ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone work for an ICE company??? have an install it buy ££££

Clio 182 built in Sat Nav
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone works for a decent ICE company as i am buying a new install for my clio as its xmas present, and figured someone off here might as well get the business.

I require

rainbow slc230 kick (2sets for front and rear)
a good 4 channel amp to power them

any quotes???????

Adam

Clio 172mk2
try caraudiodirect or some others online caraudiodirect is one of the cheapest n i carnt fault the service they offer , also if yer spendin a lot with em fone em up and some times they will offer further discount

Yeah i do bud, how much you looking to spend on a 4ch amp?

& just coz it might be slightly cheaper on the internet, doesnt mean its a better place to buy it from ;) we all know its better to buy from a maindealer shop you can go back to opposed to mailorder.

Polo + Micra
they got some details fucked up on there lol

95w is what it will do into 4 ohms but what it will be like i aint got a clue

crystal?

its not all about what it says on the tin you know mate.... you can pay £500 for an amp that kicks out 4x30watts which would still kick the ass off that magnet amp.

Could you stretch to £299.99? a genesis profile 4 would be more than adequate. (assuming you've got a decent headunit of course)

my amp kicks out 1 x 343rms @ 4 ohm on one channel & 1 x 356rms @ 4ohm on the other :p hehe

p.s. ill find out the prices for the speakers 2mora for ya as thats when i go back

ooh i like that headunit :) one of the new masks aint it ? i still aint ordered one of them in yet, kenwoods been stitching us lately.

Thats got the important hi volt preouts, which is all i wanted to know :)

If you want a decent sound out of those speakers mate, then the genesis profile 4 is the ideal choice! of course, you pay more, you get more, for instance, theres the profile 4 ultra which boasts twice as much power for £399.99 (100w x 4 ohm). but where do you want to cross the line?

(p.s. i can do a nicer price than caraudiodirect for the speakers but due to rules, we are binded by four to keep genesis prices the same)

Cheaper speakers sounds ok, but not really keen on £400 for an amp! do u have a catalouge i can look through or a website?

the headunit is a mask one, my car has built in sat nav so didn't want anything that lights up like a christmas tree, just wanted a subtle one with decent hardware.

Adam

do you live anywhere near reading mate??

www.genesis-ice.co.uk for info on the amps mate!

the profile 4 would be perfect for what you need mate, which is £299.99

id do the speakers at £150 each mate and the amp for £299.99 and if you want it courier'd, id do that to.

where you reading that? i would assume it means "peak" power and "rms" power.... in which case peak power is what you want to not pay too much attention to as this is where the amp will peak at, which wont happen all the time and very often.

however rms (root mean square) is the power the amp will give out at a continous rate.

Polo + Micra
on the genesis details

rated = minimum RMS
typical = actual RMS that most of them put out after being manufactured

lol, i agree with what brun says but the £299 genesis amp is fine to run them!

obviously the profile 4 ultra is worth the extra £££££. not to mention if you ever do go for a sub in the future, the profile 4 ultra would run a sub perfect as well as front speakers :)

One thing i will say is tho mate, the profile 4 ultra is twice the length of the profile 4! so if space is an issue then stick to the £299.99 genesis amp :) it will still do the job perfectly :)

& yes its enough for rainbow comps!

right so £300 for 2 sets of rainbow 230 kick and £300 for genesis amp = £600

through me in some heavily discounted soundproofing and i think that is everything!!

Adam

Polo + Micra
DD

would be ideal as you can have the higher power going to the front

Last edited:
  1.6 focus zetec....
You dont NEED it but then again ive never heard a car with sound proofing so wouldnt know how much better it sounds....I plan on getting it when i start my new install in a few months unless anyone changes my mind

Kiza

Also have you tried E-Bay....ok perhaps no the best place to buy due to all the spammers on there but me and friends have bought a few amps, subs etc and they're fine so i'd try on there aswell! My mate as just bought a audiobahn amp of there (£265) and is putting 1200w RMS @1ohm into his pionner sub and boy does it drop some bass....He's now entering competitions in 2006! Obviously you wont need anything this big but just an idea

Kiza

Last edited:
Alright Kiza,

yeah looked on ebay and bought my amp wiring kit from there (autoleads 2000w with 3 sets of rca's for £20!!!). the amps at the moment on there are all shitty imports though.

going to search the threads for more info on sound proofing - likewise i haven't heard i car with it in either.

Adam

HAPPY NEW YEAR to y'all

1.6 focus zetec....
Yeah my mates was an import from america and its $h!t hot man...He paid £265 and its around £500 in the shops so its a good deal...

Kiza