ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex springs:dapprove:

rps13
These springs have to be by far the worst car modification in history. I'm merely putting this thread up to warn those looking to buy lowering springs and using the search function.

My experience with these springs has been awful, they have taken every single good thing about my 172 and reversed it.

The handling is terrible, camber, castor, toe are soooo out and the ride is crashy and braking is a now a mess. The springs don't even sit in the strut securely! I would go as far to say they have made my handling unsafe.

Rant over, give them a wide berth. Bring on the coilovers.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How the funky chicken has a set of springs affected your Camber/caster??

Za**** & Xr250R
I've got 4omm drop axex on my 182 and i find them spot on bearing in mind i had them fitted at a garage ;)
The handling has improved and it's look's much better lowered there's been mixed thought's on these spring's my experience has been good :)

rps13
they have lowered the car a different amount on each side at the front, thus the wheels sit on the road at a different angle each side. The rear is a joke the car isn't level on flat surfaces.

The amount that they have lowered the car has made the strut sit bolt upright.

rps13
The spring in my offside strut doesn't seat in the cup properly, the last coil is too short and can be moved with the car on the lift. I've gone through a set of eagle f1's with them on the car and the tyre wear is very uneven.

Both springs were compressed with clamps with the strut spaced in a vice, with pictures taken of the top mount assembly & rebuilt.

Rear springs are the same height off the car, however on the car one compresses more than the other. I've had the rear beam off the car, struts and everything is true.

The quality of the springs is appalling, i'm starting to suspect the set i have are particularly rough in comparison to others. It's no worry for me as I am having a full geo setup with mark fish as soon as these v-maxx coilovers arrive, just thought it would be interesting to see if i'm the only one who's had problems.

Lionel Richie
indeed you did! just don't over complicate things on here, i'll be having my customers asking for corner weight setups with lowering springs next, forums + what people read = a nightmare! "yeah but the forum said"

you know what i mean ;)

M2 Competition
You have knackered springs. Simples.

Apex are crashy and hard, and cause rattles inside, but handling isnt bad on them, and on a smooth road theyre not bad at all.

Clio 1.2 Billabong
i have apex on mine and it handles great imo, and the rides not too harsh compared to standard.

still not low enough though :(

C

Cupster

My 30mm Apex are a bit crashy but I suppose thats the price you pay for, imo, better handling/looks when on a budget!