ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex springs vs Raceland coilovers

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
looking for some constructive views based on experience rather than the eibach eibach eibach view ( i want to see a difference in height)

so do apex really deserve the reputation, surely the likes of ktec and others wouldnt sell an inferior product?

what are the racelands like, in terms of quality, performance, ride, handling and fitting|?

i know eibach are great handling, but no significant drop, hence looking for other options.

or finally is there another 35-40mm drop that actually delivers this drop

cheers

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
From what I hear you would be better adding the extra few bob for a set of coilovers. Also they would be better if you're looking for a slam down with a decent ride.

Feel free to correct me someone if I am wrong. I'm looking to find out this also because I can buy a set of racelands for cheap and need to know which would be better.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
just get cheap coilovers or buy second hand decent ones for the same sort of money. works out far better, everyone moans about ride quality of apex

172 Cup
Ive had raceland coilover soon for a year now - great piece of kit I originally bought as it was cheaper than replacing with standard. Only problem is having to steer round potholes all the time :)

I have had Raceland (K-tec) coilies on both my 182's and for what they cost they are awesome. Don't let the CS "it's H&R/KW/AST's or nothing" brigade put you off, I've had no problems with either set. Handlings better than Eibach springs and with an adjustable drop. Well worth the £299 I paid ;)

R53 Cooper S
Only speaking from experience rather than something i've read on the internet, imo you'd be an actual r****d if you fitted Raceland/K-tec/Rokkor coilles to an RS clio.
They are, as you'd expect very cheaply made, the damping and spring rates are completely mismatched and the ride is woeful.

They are not a performance orientated product, they are simply a cheap way of getting lows (Fine on a 1.2 etc) but not an RS.

The muppets who claim ''They're not that bad'' etc etc, imo cannot drive.;)

No experience of Apex myself but everyone raves about Eibachs for a reason.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i got some AP coilovers second had for £200 and i rate them highly, very very good set up

Only speaking from experience rather than something i've read on the internet, imo you'd be an actual r****d if you fitted Raceland/K-tec/Rokkor coilles to an RS clio.
They are, as you'd expect very cheaply made, the damping and spring rates are completely mismatched and the ride is woeful.

They are not a performance orientated product, they are simply a cheap way of getting lows (Fine on a 1.2 etc) but not an RS.

The muppets who claim ''They're not that bad'' etc etc, imo cannot drive.;)

No experience of Apex myself but everyone raves about Eibachs for a reason.

Lol what aload of absolute tosh.

You had them mate? If you have you'd realise the ride on the K-tec coilovers is fine. Better than when I had Eibach springs fitted. Then again mine isnt "slammed". If you slam it as far as they go, then obviously the ride isnt as good.

Plenty of people on here use them for fast road and track and find them adequate for both.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Nice feedback guys. Looks like I'll be buying the raceland coilovers, simply because for the extra few pound they're worth it rather than springs.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Nice feedback guys. Looks like I'll be buying the raceland coilovers, simply because for the extra few pound they're worth it rather than springs.

exactly, there well worth it. fully adjustable suspension for basicly a few quid more than expensive springs. racelands are like £170 on ebay arent they ? bargain

R53 Cooper S
Lol what aload of absolute tosh.

You had them mate? If you have you'd realise the ride on the K-tec coilovers is fine. Better than when I had Eibach springs fitted. Then again mine isnt "slammed". If you slam it as far as they go, then obviously the ride isnt as good.

Plenty of people on here use them for fast road and track and find them adequate for both.

I have mate, and not only on RS clios. all they are is a generic damper encased in (cheap) shiny metal and really stiff springs. Fine for doing laps around maccy d's and thats about it.

Each to their own and all that but i'll stick to the Eibachs thanks.