ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

apex springs...

CLIO 172 CUP....
right...yes i no apex spring are not all that on here but im a person that if i aint all ways doing some think to my car i get bord. now i was ment to get some 40mm apex of a mate but i never got the time to go pick them. now the thing is iv just been looking at lots of post on here of clio lowered 40mm and 60mm and most clio look.ok on 40mm drop but then some dont look all that good, then i look at clio with 60mm drop and thay look nice.. but the thing is i dont really wont apex springs but for now i think ther gonna have to do. as like i said geting bord and wont a nice drop....

also if i get these apex of my mate im thinking ther gonna be already settle in.

CLIO 172 CUP....
well just wondering if the apex will close the gap in the fron arches nicely. iv seen pics of 40mm apex fitted and some have droped nicely and some dont even looked like thay have even drop at alll.. it not so much the it just the front really.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Apex normally drop nicely, but are very stiff.

Whereas Eibach don't look as good, but ride much better.

In future use the search function, this has been covered a million times.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, as you don't see able to form sentences?

I see you have a cup? Apex really will ruin the handling. They do go low, but they just don't work with the standard clio dampers.

ph1 black 172
i run apex on my ph1... omg they are hard!!!! look nice but not best ride.... thankfully its only a weekend car

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i ran 40mm on mine for about 200miles then took them off awful springs imo, just way to harsh/crashy

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i run apex on my ph1... omg they are hard!!!! look nice but not best ride.... thankfully its only a weekend car
That would annoy me even more, a weekend car I want to enjoy driving. I don't want to sit there grimacing at every leaf the car goes over.

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
40mm apex looks nice on 15" wheels, but not so good on anything bigger in my opinion, but yes, the ride is shockingly bad lol, even with a set of gmax shockers

PH1 iceburg
Apex are great for show. Although they state 40mm mine looked a hell of a lot lower.

They do fet slagged off on here but as long as you are not buying them to track it or enhance the handling they are fine. I tried mine with a set of koni shocks which made a huge difference too.

CLIO 172 CUP....
just iv stuck a pair of 16" on wiuth 195/45/tyres and wonted to close the gap in the front arches, the back arches aint that bad but would,nt mine a little...it just the front really....

172cup
Just fitted some apex 60mm springs to mine
Handels alot better than standard, there not to crashy or hard.

The front still needs to settle abit.
179449_10150378544730691_544630690_17195787_2143200_n.jpg

With 17's on aswell no rubbing or anything even with people in the back.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
not just as much because he has 17s so you'll be half an inch further than his are with 60mm springs, with 40mm you'll b another 20mm away added to it.

all springs settle slightly different so there's no gaurantee.

CLIO 172 CUP....
right ..yes i no apex springs aint the best on here..:dapprove:.. and as you may no im looking to fit a set for the time being untill one day iv saved a nuff to get some coilovers...SO im gonna be fitting these sunday and was thinking would it be best to soak all the nuts and bolt with wd40 on the front shocks like tomorrow so thay will be soaking all day tomorrow so on sunday thay should be easyer to undo them.

and also the apex springs im geting are of a mate of mine how had them fitted to his 172 for some time so thay were
well bedded in. now he removed them some time ago now and have just been sat in the box so will thay take a little time to settle again on my car.

and yes please no slaging off about fitting apex be cause we all no ther not the best springs to fit....

thanks guys

Fabia VRS Special Ed
A breaker bar is the best way to get the 2 strut bolts off, get an 18mm spanner on the head of the bolt and get the bar on the nut.

Make sure you use spring clamps btw.

CLIO 172 CUP....
needs some help here,,, iv removed the front shocks but the rubber mounts that sit ontop of the shocks are still up in the arches.. how am i ment to fit the new springs on dont thay ment to come out with the shocks....

CLIO 172 CUP....
right i poped the bonnet and un did the nut for the drivers side shock. now when i removed it ther was an other nut so i un did this one as well then the shock come out. but now the rubber mount stuck up in the arch...if you get what i mean.

can i just tap the mount from inside the bonnet so it falls out..

Lionel Richie
you shouldn't take the little nut off until the complete unit is off the car

the rubber will pop out if you hit it from above

CLIO 172 CUP....
fred....yeah i no that now..lol. also i did give it a little tap but not to hard but it seemed to be stuck....mite have to hit it abit harded but can it break if i hit it to hard....

thanks for you reply fred.

CLIO 172 CUP....
yeah it work i give them a good tap and thay poped out nicly.. cheers fred....

also could you tell me the best way to get the back spring out..

once again thanks..

172cup
yeah it work i give them a good tap and thay poped out nicly.. cheers fred....

also could you tell me the best way to get the back spring out..

once again thanks..

Jack up the rear of the car put it on axle stands.
Undo the bolt on both the rear shocker's.
Rear axle will drop, springs will fall out put new ones back in. I found it easier to get the little jack out your boot to lift the rear axle up so u can put the bolts back in.
Sorted.

CLIO 172 CUP....
well i fitted these 40mm apex springs that i got off a mate who had them fitted to he 172 for around 3-4 months. now im happy with the drop thay have given and looks nice but i was just wondering were he had them off he car for some time just sat in a box for like a few weeks will thay need time to settle again...if thay did settle abit lower i would,nt mine...lol