ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple customer services...

...Are fantastic...

After seeing a thread on here about how they can replace iphones for the most trivial of things, i thought i would try my luck. I have had an iphone 3g since day 1, and then a 3gs since release. However i scratched it on the 3rd day of owning it and it has bugged me since..
Well, i have been into apple @trafford and told them it had recently started crashing on me...(not a total lie as it had done so twice, but as a result of cydia) and they advised me to run it as a new phone, from restoration and see how i got on...I went back in yesterday and said its still doing it and they swapped it as a customer service gesture...awesome!

So if you have a niggle with your iphone, maybe you can try the same approach?

Finally, can anyone recommend a good case, skin, puch for the iphone as i want to keep this one in tip top condition as im due my upgrade in Feb and i hope the 4g is out then!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Thats excellent :) good old Apple,

As for a cover most will suggest a Incipo, i agree with them i told my sister to get me a incipo cover and today i got one in green :D looks bang on trendy..

I've got about 4 dead pixels on my 11month old 3G. Might be worth my while popping in to see if I can get an exchange?

if i backup my current iphone to itunes and get a replacement will itunes copy everything to the new handset that what was on the old iphone?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cool, think they'll give me the 3GS by mistake? :)

02 insurance did me lol, i said ohhh i want a white one (i had a 3g) they said ohhhh ok then, next day i got a 3gs in white :D

Mk2 Clio dci
Does it matter if you didnt buy it from apple? i got mine from o2 shop, but they wanna send it away first to try and repair, but i dont have a spare phone.
Mine freezes, someitmes says no sim card installed, and light shines between the screen and chrome part.
I wanna new one coz ive scratched the white back to fook!

Fiat Panda 100hp
They don't normally repair iphones, they said to me that they didn't repair in the Apple store instead they just replace the phone.

I think they don't really loose any money on it as they can recycle the old one.

It doesnt matter if you bought it off a guy called leroy at a motorway service station...so long as its in warranty, they will swap it...

All i will say, is be polite and courteous with the assistant and you generally get what you want...

Jay, no it is like for like, even down to colour...

M135i
Thats excellent :) good old Apple,

As for a cover most will suggest a Incipo, i agree with them i told my sister to get me a incipo cover and today i got one in green :D looks bang on trendy..

I've got two Incipio Feather cases. One in white (now the work horse for mucky jobs as its covered in oil/dirt now) and one in the green colour. Best case I've owned. Extremely thin but offers good protection.

Get them off Amazon.

You dont need the box, they may not swap it on the spot, they had to order one for me as i have the white one, was there the next day though...

Ill check out the incipio cases now then, bought one from the apple store last night, INCASE, pretty happy with that....