ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Event 27th Jan - Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
  E87 118d M Sport
apple-creation-0388-rm-eng.jpg

case!!! NICE

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
how has keyboard dock made it epic? epic fail maybe, its basically just said you can turn your igay into a laptop. I'm an apple fanboy but this is w**k.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Cheers Mike, I'll give that a miss if wi-fi is free..?

That side view with the keyboard looks mint. Much better for the kind of thing I'd be wanting it for I think. This will be in all the lecture rooms come the start of next year, students will love it.

Titanium 182
The keyboard dock just certifies that it makes no real sense. It's too big to carry about casually like an iphone going on the pics of Steve holding it at the start. May as well just take a laptop.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This is how I used my iPod Touch wayyy back when it came out, as an internet tablet really. So this does appeal. The thing with my Apple fetish is I'm just buying it because I love it, not because I need it.

how has keyboard dock made it epic? epic fail maybe, its basically just said you can turn your igay into a laptop. I'm an apple fanboy but this is w**k.

Erm. Maybe because it means you have a full keyboard fro writing long documents or novels. It means many users could get away without a laptop. Use the iPad for normal browsing, surfing, reading, music, youtube. Then plug in the keyboard to write a book.

What's not to like?

Barge
Erm. Maybe because it means you have a full keyboard fro writing long documents or novels. It means many users could get away without a laptop. Use the iPad for normal browsing, surfing, reading, music, youtube. Then plug in the keyboard to write a book.

What's not to like?

Precisely.

In the words of Meatloaf... I couldn't have said it better myself.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I feel i cannot have a serious conversation with someone who's profile is dedicated to apple. If you cannot see that in real-life terms it has little to no use over an iphone/macbook then more fool you.

For someone who has no iphone or macbook I suppose it has its use, but if you've got either which lets face it, we all have, most of you have both, there is no real place for it.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Honestly if the uk prices don't take the piss students everywhere will own one. From what I can see it looks like the start of a process of morphing the Touch and MB's into one ultra portable device. Not seen the processing power, but that seems to be the only thing it's missing. if it could run Photoshop and Aperture it would be awesome.

What's not to like?

Can it replace a laptop/pc though? It can't have iTunes on can it? As in update your iPhone from the iPad?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I feel i cannot have a serious conversation with someone who's profile is dedicated to apple. If you cannot see that in real-life terms it has little to no use over an iphone/macbook then more fool you.

For someone who has no iphone or macbook I suppose it has its use, but if you've got either which lets face it, we all have, most of you have both, there is no real place for it.

BUT!

It looks pretty.

LOL! The profile is a joke. Why so SRS?

if i were looking at a tablet something running windows 7 would make so much more sense even then a laptop/mbp is the common sense choice its still going to have no real flash playback

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport

even then it's not a phone so your going to need a phone anyway

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Both streams have died, one ends:

11:33AM That's it. TIme for a hands-on!

and the other:

11:33AM - “Apple’s the one place we can do this: we built battery tech, chip tech, software — we bring all those things together in a way no one else can do.” Video’s over, Steve’s back.

It's awesome but I think if you have an MacBook/Pro then you don't really need it.

That said, I'll probably still get one.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
not really seeing the point of one tbh. I certainly don't understand why they are being made such a big deal, i guess if you get your hands on one it could be different. I'm still thinking of getting an iMac 27" in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.