ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple in Games?

Wait until AppleTV has apps controlled by your iOS device (officially) and then they'll really take 'proper' gaming market share.

Listerine & Poledo
Surely they'll nee to build a console-esque device that can actually play 'real' games.

How many of the questioned mass consider "angry birds" to be gaming? That's altogether different to, say, Gran Turismo, or COD.

If GT or COD were the only real games, then nobody would have bought a Wii.

Things like this..

It's not just games like Angry Birds. Although the amount that has sold, it can't be ignored. They don't need to copy the PS3/360, just let people play App Store games on their big tv's and they'll sell millions and millions.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Listerine & Poledo
valid point.

Paper toss on a 50" plasma would be the stuff of dreams.......
.......well, someone's dreams anyway.

:)

If Apple buy out sony though, I'll just walk into the sea, Reggie Perrin style

EDIT: "Most impresive mobul game I've ever seen!"
So he's not looked at the Sony Play then.

Last edited:
Someone will buy it. Someone will play it.

Apple will never buy Sony/EA/Activision or anything else. They have absolutely zero need to do that.

Listerine & Poledo
They dont no.

They have a far more powerful retail presence than Sony have, that's for sure, and their pandering fanbase will buy anything they put in the shops anyway. So even if no-one ever plays it, millions will still sell.

Which is fair enough, hell, it's not my money!

Listerine & Poledo
Sorry chap, went on a slant there.

Anyway, as you said, it's not likely to happen. Which will be good for the business altogether.

Imagine Duke Nukem ported onto an Apple device? :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It surely will only be cheap shitty arcade games if it ever does happen I'm guessing

Mito Sportiva 135
Article is in The Metro.

May as well be in The Beano.

Mate, the gaming section in Metro is actually one of the best sources of gaming information anywhere, it got bought from the old C4 Teletext service GameCentral when old teletext died - it's been going about 20 years and the main editor used to write for Edge. I've got several coats, should you need one...?

I don't think Apple will buy those other companies, it just shows how powerfull Apple are and their business model is well suited to sell lots of games. Imagine a new sort of iPad that connects wirelessly to your TV, all your games are purchased online and accessed either via cloud or internal memory.

A service already out in America offers this kind of service, all the hardware except the controller is located by the servers, and the hardware can be upgraded continually - you just pay for a subscription.

The reason MS and Sony haven't released more info about their new consoles yet is because, apparently, they are deciding whether to do something similar. It will NOT JUST BE BUDGET GAMES BUT FULL PRICE AAA TITLES. If you are still on Metro todays gaming feature paints the picture quite nicely...

The basis of it is already there. Airplay transmits what's on your device to the tv.

The only obstacle so far is that AppleTV has very limited storage but that's easily changed or the game just has to be on your iOS device already.

There's a video knocking about where someone has Angry Birds running on the tv and it's controlled by their iPhone but I can't find it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Didn't know you could do that Revels tbh. I've got Angry birds on my laptop and I run that through on a HDMI cable to my big tv.

Mito Sportiva 135
It is a marvellous age we live in - Angry Birds on HUGE TVs! :)

The new Nintendo Wii U will be sort of like a transition console between the current type and the sort of thing being proposed here.

1.8 Civic EX
The basis of it is already there. Airplay transmits what's on your device to the tv.

The only obstacle so far is that AppleTV has very limited storage but that's easily changed or the game just has to be on your iOS device already.

There's a video knocking about where someone has Angry Birds running on the tv and it's controlled by their iPhone but I can't find it.

theres another vid of Real Racing 2 HD using the Ipad2 streaming to the TV via ATV and it's very very much like the new WiiU. Motion sensor in the pad to steer the car, screen on pad shows the track overview, lap times, split times etc and the tv screen is the actual "Game" if that makes sense. I'll try find the vid later...