ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Mac or Windows PC?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah the chips are laptop size DDR2 PC2-5300 which are currently very expensive, fingers crossed they fall in price soon.

I'll definately be installing either XP Pro or Vista onto the Mac.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
If I had an intel mac I'd definately use parallels (run windows in a window) rather than bootcamp (i'm not a gamer) for convenience.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm only going to use Windows for newsgroup access so I may well use Parallels instead as it'll definately be easier than having to reboot all the time.

I'm only going to use Windows for newsgroup access so I may well use Parallels instead as it'll definately be easier than having to reboot all the time.

Yea, Parallels works quite well.. next version is supposed to have 3D acceleration in it I think?
It sucks at the moment for games.. but that should change I guess?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I went for a higher spec and cost than I'd originally planned, only 1gb ram but I'll upgrade that myself for less cost in the future.

I ordered the 20" iMac, 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, 128mb Radeon X1600 graphics card and wireless keyboard & mouse.

Now will be the time when everyone who said "get a mac" suddenly say I should have pought a Win PC
:D

Doubt it m8. Given what you said earlier, it sounds like the iMac will be right up your street. I wouldn't even bother thinking about Vista just now. By the time it finally get's released, it will only look like a rip-off, cut-down version of OSX anyway.... ;)

D.

Citroen DS3 DSport
That's an interesting spelling of the word 'bought' I used earlier :D

Yeah I'm now 100% convinced the Mac will be exactly what I need and cannot wait for it to arrive :)

Thanks everyone who offered their opinions here.

RS Megane DCi 175
I bought a Mac mini to use as a media centre thing, sits perfectly next to my TV.
I must say it's so much easier to use than any PC I've had and am currently getting all the stuff off my PC so I can put it in the bin! ;)

306 TD Slut
i like the two screens of my pc, i have an imac at home.

i used to be 100% mac

but since i got my new pc at work, its twice as fast and for half the price!

306 TD Slut
my imac is the one before the dual core,
512mb

cant remember my imac as not at home!

my pc is dual core
2gb ram
pentium d cpu 3.40GHz

er dunno what else, just copying what is says off the screen lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If I hadn't customised it then they would send it within 24 hours but as soon as you change anything the build time increases to 3 days. Apple quote a delivery time of 2 days from dispatch and if your computer is prepared on the Friday they wait till Monday before posting it. Not the quickest of service but it'll finally be here tomorrow.

I've been lost this week without my net connection at home, that's what I get for selling my PC early.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Well it arrived yesterday and it's excellent :) Never had alot of time to use it yesterday but will have tonight.

I'll also have to figure out the best way to download nzb files from Newgroups using the Mac.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I solved the problem by installing Parallels and running XP Pro under emulation. I can now use XP for my usenet downloads and switch between OSX and XP with ease. Very impressed so far.