ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV £79.99 on eBay

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

See, none of that sounds appealing to me,

the main reason I like apple products is because they just work, I don't see the need for all the customisation, if I did, I'd have got a 'lesser brand'

You can add weather and slideshows to your Apple TV’s main menu, you can hide menus, adjust screen saver settings, and much, much more.

i have weather and slide shows on my iPhone and ipad, if I want them on the tv, I'll mirror them. Won't need a screen saver, as when its not in use, it'll be off.

Same goes for the web browsing, I can mirror my ipad or plug my laptop into my tv and control it through my phone.

i may only be skimming the surface here but jail breaking doesn't sound too good to me

For me Jailbreaking the ATV is about accessing paid for content or content that can only be accessed in the US, or Europe etc.

Jailbreaking the ATV2 opened up a whole host of different media formats to stream to your ATV. The box is very powerful, however Apple restricted what they wanted you to play through it, even though it is capable of more.

AK

M240i
As I understood, nobody was even working on a jailbreak for ATV3?

Coming shortly if the Internet is to be believed.

See, none of that sounds appealing to me,

the main reason I like apple products is because they just work, I don't see the need for all the customisation, if I did, I'd have got a 'lesser brand'

i have weather and slide shows on my iPhone and ipad, if I want them on the tv, I'll mirror them. Won't need a screen saver, as when its not in use, it'll be off.

Same goes for the web browsing, I can mirror my ipad or plug my laptop into my tv and control it through my phone.

i may only be skimming the surface here but jail breaking doesn't sound too good to me

Jailbreaking your Apple TV is what really opens up the media floodgates. And just like that, you have access to Hulu, ESPN, Amazon, Last.fm, Pandora, PBS, A&E, ABC, CBS, NBA, MTV, and the list goes on, and on, and on, and on… I’m serious, if I named all of the content providers that can be accessed by jailbreaking, I wouldn’t have enough room in this article.

Think Netflix, but better.

Also, it'll allow me to point my ATV at my NAS and play all of my direct to the TV.

BG 182
Oh, i may sell my Apple tv2 now while the prices are high and buy 2 apple tv 3's with the monies i make!!! then wait for the jailbreak

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Does anyone know if using airplay mirroring with my macbook/TV will also stream sound through my TV and not my macbook?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
All apple tv's have been £100.

i believe you can sell a 2 for £250 +

even more if you're selling it already jb

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Wish i had bought a ATV2 when i was originally looking now and not waited for the 3.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Because i could have of sold it for a huge profit and bought a 3 anyway

Sold my ATV2 and bought two ATV3's with the money

Idiots

1080p baby.
As others have said if you wanna jailbreak it just get a lesser brand or an arduino or something. The whole point of apple gear is it all just works
Links to my 2 macbooks, mac mini, nas drive, itunes server etc... perfectly

Also the new ATV software coming out first quarter this year should allow 3rd party apps just like an iphone - so then we'll see bbc iplayer, 4od, spotify etc... appearing on it :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sold my ATV2 and bought two ATV3's with the money

Idiots

1080p baby.
As others have said if you wanna jailbreak it just get a lesser brand or an arduino or something. The whole point of apple gear is it all just works
Links to my 2 macbooks, mac mini, nas drive, itunes server etc... perfectly

Also the new ATV software coming out first quarter this year should allow 3rd party apps just like an iphone - so then we'll see bbc iplayer, 4od, spotify etc... appearing on it :D

Where did you hear about the bottom bit? If this is true then i'll buy one as it will make it massively more useful (for me anyway)!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I love my jailbroken ATV2. As someone has said, netflix but free.

I watched a DVD rip of skyfall last night for example.