ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple tv 3 problem

hi there can anyone help, ive lost sound on my apple tv, when trying to airplay and watch trailers ?? but if i buy a rent a film it plays perfectly ? tried changing audio settings etc and dolby but no joy !

Fiesta ST-2
I've had a couple of problems like that. I did the old trick of turning it off and back on at the plug trick and all problems were solved.

Yaris Hybrid
I fecking hated my Apple TV by the end and gave it to my bro for free. That was because of sound problems.

I can't remember if it was an issue with connecting to my receiver via HDMI or Optical.

Bottom line was that I had a choice. If I wanted to play newer movies in Dolby Digital then I'd encounter a problem whereby old movies and TV shows had no sound at all. Or I could select an option that would give me sound on everything but it would just be standard stereo.

I can't remember the options now but IIRC if I set to auto I never got DD but everything would work and if I selected digital sound or something then I'd get DD on new movies but older movies and even new TV shows like house of cards had no audio at all.

I can't remember if it was only on HDMI or only on Optical or on both. It's been a while.

I'd tried rebooting the box and ensuring the firmware was up to date but in the end I just ditched it and used a Playstation instead.