ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV Review.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mine came this morning, its a clever little device.

atvu.jpg

As you can see the thing is TINY.

Once its set up its easy to get started, however word of warning if you dont have a USA iTunes account content is limited, it does stream all your stuff from itunes easily enough.

Obviously the killer feature, Airplay isn't working yet but when it is it will open up a world of possibilitys.

But so far im very happy with it, already watched some season 9 family guy without a hitch. And its another room with remote audio.

Any questions just ask..

Last edited:
  Go cry to your momma!
If you sign in with a USA account, can you get all of the same content, including netflix?

Suzuki Ignis
So is it just that you can buy movies and stuff through iTunes or is it like a freeview box and you can watch normal tv with it too?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you sign in with a USA account, can you get all of the same content, including netflix?

Not netflix, you need an account and i dont have one. iTunes is easy, netflix isnt.

Astra Twintop
Just get sky...........

Over priced / Pointless / Fanboy tat*

(*delete as applicable)

Go cry to your momma!
Not netflix, you need an account and i dont have one. iTunes is easy, netflix isnt.

How about the the US TV shows (I forget which channels signed up, was it ABC, NBC etc?)

I'd get one for that alone :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
99c shows include family guy, glee, house, greys anatomy, simpsons etc etc.

BMW F31
Already planned to pick one up when I hit NYC next month.

Tom what are the differences between the US and UK iTunes accounts content wise?

Are these episodes that have already been on tv and are available on DVD etc?

Obviously some are, but they have new ones, which are on there 24hours after they air in America.

So depending on what show it is, it can be weeks/months/year ahead of our tv schedule. Which is obviously further ahead of DVD.

Bus w**ker
Tempted, but pointless for me as I use my PS3 to do everything ATV does. It'll be interesting to see what is made availble on it now that it's been jailbroken.

If you could get unlimited content for a reasonable price a month, then I'd have one by now. But buying everything that I watch separately costs far too much.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
One more question.

I noticed 4od is available on youtube, can this be viewed on apple tv?

A silver one
Looks pretty, but I really don't understand what the point of this?

Tom - Do you not have Sky or a computer to download content with (surely you must have a computer to set an iTunes account up)? Do you use Apple TV instead of them?

cheers,
Matt

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i Have sky and a mac, this is just a toy.

Not tried 40d on it yet (via youtube)

RS Megane DCi 175
I really want one of these but until they can stream from a NAS drive (without needing iTunes running), I'll stick with my Mini I think.