ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

Mk2 Golf GTI
Got ATV3 yesterday. Definitely a worthwhile addition to the apple family. AirPlay is great, surprised how well it works with things like Vimeo and YouTube.

Is it worth getting match?

Audi S1
Just tried to jailbreak my ATV2 using Season pass, goes through the correct loops and tells me to unplug the device from my computer and to plug it into my TV.

Plugged ATV2 into my TV but it has an iTunes icon with a USB cable - think it wants me to plug it back into my iMac to restore it.

Anyone else had this problem? My ATV is running the latest firmware, which I think is why I'm having this problem?

There is only a tethered jailbreak of the latest Firmware so far.
Therefore, each time you turn it on, it has to be connected to the computer.

This sounds annoying, but realistically you only need to connect it to a computer when you plug it in/turn off the power to it.
Otherwise you can just put it to sleep and wake it without needing to plug it in.

Does anyone else have issues with ATV seeing home sharing media? ie iTunes is on, but ATV can't see it.

I never have a problem air playing from the iPad / iPhone, but every now and again, when using ATV to access my iTunes on the media PC, it drops the connection and usually won't work until I reboot.

It happens on both my ATV2 & 3. I never had this before the new iOS update.

AK

M240i
Hang on, is that JB for ATV3? Or just for ATV2 running the latest OS?

There's not much around the net.

Bus w**ker
ATV3 is a bit of a joke tbh.

Why do you say that Tom? I can't say I've really paid that much attention to ATV but doesn't ATV2 only output at 720 and ATV3 1080 with a faster processor (not that I've any clue if ATV actually even requires a fast processor lol). I'm tempted by one but only if I can JB it and run XMBC/Plex via my NAS and only because my 360 is starting to piss me off as my media streamer.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You can't jailbreak it.

Try using the latest build of plex with your xbox

Bus w**ker
You can't jailbreak it.

Try using the latest build of plex with your xbox

Ah right, thought you meant something about the hardware itself!

Ok cool, I'll give it a whirl later didn't think to try updating.

Updated mine to the latest jailbreak the other day. Home menu is a bit annoying tbh.
Like the XBMC logo, when you click it, it doesn't launch, brings up a submenu with XBMC on that you have to click again.

The new addon thing for XBMC is pretty handy. Easier then dragging zip files onto it using cyberduck.
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/24/fusion-easy-addon-installation-for-xbmc/

The new xbmchub.com site is pretty decent. Lots of useful guides on there. All the addons listed in downloads too.
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/