ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

133/225/CLS AMG
Has anyone got an Apple TV set up at home?

I'm wondering whether it's worth me investing as I quite like the idea of having my music/movies available on my TV and hi-fi.

Does it just simplify the Mac interface so you can access your movies or is it just simply a transmitter of your computers screen?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Agreed, seems useless on paper. But for some reason i use mine all the time.

Netflix, Youtube, Streaming s**t i've bought. Airplay is very handy too.

Fiesta ST
Apple TV is fanatstic. Watch a film from my IPad on the TV then when I need a crap I switch the film back to the ipad and carry on watching -awesome.

I've got 3 now - utterly superb

2tb of movies/tv in a network drive - itunes running on my office mac mini - can watch all the movies/tv in 1080P HD on any of the 3 tv's in the house.

It's a must have!

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks for the feedback guys it sounds like a more useful bit of kit than it probably gets credit for.

I just like the idea of streaming movies off my iMac/iPad/iPhone plus the more I rip my CD collection to digital format, the more I'm likely to scrap the CD player I have and opt to stream my audio digitally.

Plus could be handy as we have a decent sized TV in the bedroom that's a bit wasted just watching Freeview through.

Z4
I've got 3 now - utterly superb

2tb of movies/tv in a network drive - itunes running on my office mac mini - can watch all the movies/tv in 1080P HD on any of the 3 tv's in the house.

It's a must have!

Is there any way of getting your music from your Mac mini onto your ipad? I.e sharing your iTunes over the network or something?

Yep as Tom said - home sharing makes your music appear on all your devices - or I'd recommend the iCloud Match service

It puts all your music in the iCloud on your account - then you don't have to have it on your iPad/iPhone - but when you want it you can stream it from iCloud or download it to your device :)

Z4
Yes. Turn on Home sharing. Then open music.

Yes.
I have nothing stored on my iPad. Everything is streamed over WiFi from my iMac.

Yep as Tom said - home sharing makes your music appear on all your devices - or I'd recommend the iCloud Match service

It puts all your music in the iCloud on your account - then you don't have to have it on your iPad/iPhone - but when you want it you can stream it from iCloud or download it to your device :)

Cheers :)