ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

Anybody got it ? I fancy getting it but not sure if it'll be worth while as I also have sky on demand. Any opinions will be appreciated

Inferno 225 cup
Works even better with your iPhone/iPad jail broke with an called moviebox. Streams the latest films even before release date.

I have one. Use it daily. Still have it.

I still haven't bothered to jailbreak it either (it's a 2) - maybe one day.

Anyone heard of Android TV boxes? I hadn't but someone from work was raving about them the other day - they look cheap as hell but could be decent..

I have one, don't use it really for the features it has as the box just use it for airplay from my phone and iPad. Great for browsing or watching videos, screaming music to it (works just as well with spotify too).

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I have one, considering getting a second when I get a tv upstairs.

use it almost daily for netflix and streaming from ipad/iphone.

It's an unjailbroken 3... As they can't be jail broken, they go for pennies compared to the 1 and 2

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Works even better with your iPhone/iPad jail broke with an called moviebox. Streams the latest films even before release date.
@TheRussian did you get that moviebox through cydia?
Had a quick search and cant find anything

Last edited:
  Inferno 225 cup
hatysabe.jpg

133/225/CLS AMG
I have one in the living room, use it more than my Sky box. Stream movies and music from my Mac which you can do from an iPad or iPhone. Also use it for Netflix if you're signed up for that.

We'll worth it for me anyway.

I have 3 and use them all daily

Netflix is pretty cool but all my movies/tv shows are on my mac upstairs in iTunes so I can watch them or listen to my music in any room
The one in the gym I use for vevo (music vids) or for watching TV while running etc..

I have both a 2 and 3. The 2 is jailbroken but you aren't really missing out on much, yeah you can use XBMC but I still prefer to use the Plex/Trailers hack instead as I have my own copies of films etc.

Got the 2 for £130 so could make a little bit of profit on it if I put it on ebay :)

Right, I'm going to finally jailbreak my 2 (when my micro usb arrives). Seems easy enough to do.

Jailbroken peeps;

• I assume it does, but does airplay still work the same?
  • Is there plenty of streamable (decent?) content available? I can't be bothered downloading stuff and storing it just to watch it only once. I just want to pick it up and play things - Ideally football/films etc if possible...

I've tried Tom, its having none of it.

I was doing it with Seas0nPass. But at the end when iTunes is supposed to open and install the update, nothing happened - left it sitting there for 20 mins, then tried sticking it into DFU. Nothing.

Then just tried restoring it back to factory settings, via recovery mode in iTunes, got as far as the final stage then it says;

atv14.png

bleh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah, ive seen error 9 before. You need to use the downgrade procedure on the seasonpass/firecore forum.

It will work eventually.

If you cant do it, post it to me and i'll do it.

Last edited:
Cheers for the offer tom.

Thing is I've tried that (downgrading to 5.3) but I'm still get exactly the same thing.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't have one and I can't figure out what I'd use one for :eek:

I have a very old "WDTV" box with a 1TB external HDD attached to it. I can then download on my mac and drag and drop onto said box via wifi. It cost £70 4 years ago.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I don't think you appreciate how good they are, especially now you have a MBPwrd.

Wireless second screen is bloody handy.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My main concern is that in the past whilst moving content over to my device, it has mullered the wifi for the whole house, would this not be the case streaming?

I need to do some research on what it's actually capable of and what the benefits of having one are.

Edit, after a quick look on the apple site, it seems at the moment I'll be paying £100 for a wireless HDMI cable essentially, as airplay is all I'd use. I don't like paying for digital content, never have, so netflix etc is all useless for me.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its much more than a wireless HDMI. No wifi mullering, and they can be found for much less than £100.

Plenty of free content for pikeys like yourself.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have a jailbroken ATV 2. Use the thing daily. Films and series. Currently doing a breaking bad marathon.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Its much more than a wireless HDMI. No wifi mullering, and they can be found for much less than £100.

Plenty of free content for pikeys like yourself.

I might give one a go, if I pick it up second hand at least I should be able to sell for not too much of a loss.