ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Approximate value of my 172 cup?

Clio 172 Cup
Hello,

I am thinking of selling my (2002) 52 Plate 172 Clio Cup with 48,000 miles. It has 17" white speedline turini corse alloy wheels on Toyo Proxies T1-S tyres, an oval magnex exhaust system (cat back -lifetime warranty) and also an ITG maxogen induction kit fitted. It also has an OMP front strut brace fitted. Inside it has an alpine Cd/Mp3 player (not sure of model) with a stalk upgrade so it still works. The exterior bodywork is in good condition - a few minor scratches on the front bumper. The major problem are the wheels as they have a lot of curbing, and the front tyres could do with changing. The interior is in very good condition apart from a half patched up cigarette burn on the back seat, which was there when I got it. When I got the car at 9000 miles it had been serviced, and it has been serviced twice since and is due for another now. It will probably have 11 months road tax and 3 months MOT left on it if I sell it in June.

If i get the car serviced, get the alloys refurbed properly and get 2 new front tyres - how much should I be looking at?

If I don't get the car serviced and leave the tyres / alloys how much should I be looking at.

I'm looking to trade this in against a megane sport F1 R26.

Any input would be great.

J

Mk4 .:R32
6k maybe? I don't think the likes of the maxogen or exhaust will add any value, so if you have the original parts I would put those back on and sell the maxogen and exhaust seperatley!!

Clio 172 Cup
yes i thought that may be a better idea too. I think I may try to sell them separately.

I forgot to mention it also has a plastic front splitter, clear side indicators, those silver bulbs for the indicator bulbs (silvervision?) and phillips blue vision sidelights - whooo hoooo !!

Last edited:
  RB 200 Cup!
i value it at tuppence ha'penny

or failing that listen to what ste172 said sounds about right - lol

Clio 172 Cup
will leaving the mod's on tend to attract or repel buyers? Guess it depends who it is really? So 6K with or without the mods?!?!

RB 200 Cup!
mods on could appeal to people on here but elsewhere such as autotrader or even if you traded it in best to take mods off

Turbos.
If you have the standard parts i'd put them on. I would say £6k is about right. I certainly wouldn't trade it in though, i hate lining the dealer's pockets.

C

clio172cup20

If you have the standard parts i'd put them on. I would say £6k is about right. I certainly wouldn't trade it in though, i hate lining the dealer's pockets.

I got 6k trade for mine!
2002 52 place 41k

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i would have said 6k was a little on the optimistic side for a private sale let alone a trade in