ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

April bak holiday @ Castle combe (No 56k)

E30 318iS x2
Well inbetween making sure the wheel studs where tight on the car, I nipped off to take some pictures. First time I've really got to try pan shots on fast moving vehicles (had been practicing on the racing school cars but was a tad boring).

When I got back I found my main down fall was I wasn't getting the whole car in the frame, I took a couple of pictures and I'm finding a beam strong enough for the nouse because the car was just out of frame :cry:

Any way here are the 'best' ones I took (best veiwed in high res):

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited:

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Saw your motor down by camp R1XPH, I was parked by bobbies. Some good racing shame not all the evo's made it out and no sign of the 800bhp evo of Norris in the special GT's

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Saw your motor down by camp R1XPH, I was parked by bobbies. Some good racing shame not all the evo's made it out and no sign of the 800bhp evo of Norris in the special GT's

I was stood right by Norris's car about 30 seconds before he was called to the pits for his race and the Diff was still sat on the floor! lol. He mapped it whilst driving it there that morning!! Lastminuteracing.com!

Bloody brilliant day out. Lots and lots of £'s worth of damage though. Some massive crashes.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I was stood right by Norris's car about 30 seconds before he was called to the pits for his race and the Diff was still sat on the floor! lol. He mapped it whilst driving it there that morning!! Lastminuteracing.com!

Bloody brilliant day out. Lots and lots of £'s worth of damage though. Some massive crashes.

Good prep work there then ;)
Was stood where the saloons has the shunt but moved back to camp before the race gutted.

E30 318iS x2

Ah cool :) Was an early bird today.

Did you see the new shape Type R which dumped its engine just before Camp? I had a ride back with one of the MG's and he showed me where one of the pistons flew up and hit his wind screen :S

Good prep work there then ;)
Was stood where the saloons has the shunt but moved back to camp before the race gutted.

I was in the pit lane and just looked the other way as it happened lol.

Our car went out with a feckered servo.

E30 318iS x2
White one in the saloon car championship. Went out in qualifying and maybe got one lap in before the engine blew up. Was a brand new one too, just spent £7k on it.

What car do you run? :cool:

Today was a Green MG :) 1400

koi

Audi S1
Some nice pics there, guess it all comes with practice. Fancy going down to a track to give it a go sometime.

Caterham 270R
Love the shot of Simons Radical.. Also saw you down at camp when i dropped my mate off to sign on marshalling....

E30 318iS x2
Seen that Exige driving through my village a few times.

What do you recon to my pics Chris?

He can't do this as all cars racing at Combe have to be declared off of the road...

Never heard this before or seen it in the regs, several of the Saloon cars are road legal iirc and a number of them sport valid tax discs. I know the 106s were driven to the circuit last season and there have been visiting series where cars driven to and from the circuit score extra points.

Another crash vid, anyhow...

[youtube]66y_zmkv3pY[/youtube]

Clio 1.2 16v
Nothing in the reg's backs this up?

The guy with the S1 Rallye got bollocked for driving to the circuit when his tow truck broke down a mile or two from the circuit. If you're right then party on! No tow truck/trailer required!

106 GTi
He can't do this as all cars racing at Combe have to be declared off of the road...

Incorrect - rubbish! There are cars in both the Special GT's and Saloons there are and have been road legal. A trailer just means it is easy to get home after lol

Obviously if you want to drive the car there it needs tax and mot ....

Simon Norris arrived at Combe in his Evo on Trade plates on Monday to!

Caterham 270R
Mark Funnell drives his Lotus to the circuit sometimes , And correct about Simons Evo.

i had a play with his old evo 6 afew years ago on the way testing and lost badly;)