ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arb Inner Bushes Fitting Problem

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Hi All,

I'm having a problem fitting inner arb bushes. i first bought some aftermarket bushes, had issues installing so bought oem. I got the exact same part number as the bushes that came out ,7700847383 , and i cannot get the clamp back on that goes around the bushing.

I've attempted to follow the guide on the forums, https://www.cliosport.net/threads/mk2-rs-arb-bush-replacement-guide-pic-heavy.817150/, but it doesn't make it sound as difficult as I've been experiencing it. i've been using a g clamp + vice grips but it gets to a point where i cannot wind the g clamp anymore and it's still about 5-6mm away from hitting the mounting point.

The arb was quite rusted so after numerous attempts at putting the arb clamps on i've removed, wire wheeled and painted the arb incase it was a fitment issue due to rust. while the arb is off the car I've trial fitted the bushing and I've noticed there is a massive gap where the bushing splits which would explain why i'm having such troubles fitting it as I could not see a gap in the powerflex bushes used in the guide on the forum which makes me think it's not the right size? the part i've bought is the 25mm inner diameter , having measure it the hole measures at 24mm.

help :)

IMG_20180510_084157195.jpg
IMG_20180510_084200321.jpg
i didn't get a pic of the side view but I'll post that when i'm home later to show the gap.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have you measured the bar though?

Rust+paint could add some unwanted size.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
I've just measured the bar and its under 25mm, see pic. Also got pic of sideview
IMG_20180510_185848439.jpg
IMG_20180510_185642863.jpg

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Inners are a PITA to fit on axle stands, took me hours and lots of swearing.
You need a big lever bar it does look like they will not fit until the bolt is done up.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
I've propably spent close to that time so far ! I got it closest with a g clamp but it just started to slip off and took all my effort to wind it at that point. I don't see how I could leverage the clamp with a bar ?

Loosing the will to live haha.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Don't think longer bolts will help. The problem is the hole on the clamp won't align with the subframe mounting point until the clamp is fully seated

Clio 182 2005
Elongate the hole in the clamp, helps align the bolt into the thread earlier.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
got it sorted in the end. jacked the car up higher , bought a long pry bar. got some help holding pry bar down while i vice gripped clamps to subframe. removed pry bar stuck bolt in and tightened. took 20 mins to do both side once you know how !