ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arb issue

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
My car is low and every time there is a hole/bump in the road my arb hits my sub frame. How do I fix this?
Or do I just have to listen to it bang all the time..

Any help would be good.

Thanks in advance.

herapepu.jpg

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Nope both change in the last 3 months. Not done the two in the middle u think that might have effect?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Plus the fact it'll handle like a sack of s**t without it. I should know as I've driven my dci without them bolted on ( moving it from one workshop to the other ) which bit is catching ? The bolts on the wishbones ?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
How have you gone about lowering the car? Do you still have the origional spring aids (bump stops) fitted?

Also as for removing the ARB it's really not a good idea, particularly the front one, however I am not sure how much difference it will make on a car that is so low, I can't imagine the handling could get much worse.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Will in a bit Scott

How have you gone about lowering the car? Do you still have the origional spring aids (bump stops) fitted?

Also as for removing the ARB it's really not a good idea, particularly the front one, however I am not sure how much difference it will make on a car that is so low, I can't imagine the handling could get much worse.
Fk hight sports all the way down on that picture.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Non ha. It was my cat hitting the heat shield. I went messing with it for a bit and it's fixed for now. It sounded like my arb as I had a bush missing and it sounded the same.

I have messed about with the height also :)

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Yeah it's about 20mm lower on the front.

I have raised it up slighty today it's catching the bump at work so I can't keep doing it every day. It's got 3 threads left until I have take the helper out.