ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

arch clean (pics)

one for the cleaning geeks:

gonna stop using the VX in crap weather now as the clio desel should be on the road in the next couple of weeks (when the documents arrive)

so decided to give the vx a good clean up ready for the winter.

Usual AG engine and machine cleaner with paintbrush, bit of vinyl and rubber care, super resin and soem harlys carnauba wax

and then a lick of paint on the rear caliper and the suspension arms.

http://www.guysleeman.co.uk/gallery2/v/vxt/detailing/offside/

front+wheel+before.JPG

front+inner+wheel+cleaned.JPG

rear+arch+before.JPG

rear+arch+finished.JPG

front+arch+before.JPG

frotn+arch+finished.JPG

front+arch+finished+1.JPG

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
WOW Theres a lovely 182 Trophy Here looking for the same treatment when you have a spare couple of hours LOL.

Looks amazing only wish i had the time to do that with mine, keep looking at getting a cheap run around and leaving the Trophy for nice sunny days, and keeping it in A1 condition. But until a payrise comes my way looks like the car stays the way it is.

You need to upgrade from std and get some Mintex 1144's or Pagids ;)

i know mate.. the brakes are unbelievably crap. or mainly the ABS is CRAP!

im gonna need new discs and pads sometime soon all round. that can wait till next year though.

CTR--VX220D
The best place to go for pads and disks are = camskill [online store]

They are very cheap. If I were you Id go for their OE Brembo solid disks [only £25 each] and some Mintex 1144's all round [about £160 IIRC]

It will transform the VX..... Although Pagids are your best bet if you are going to drive it hard ona and off the track.

didnt realise them standard discs from camskill are brembos.

just checked site and discs and pads all round are just over 200..

Toureg vW Transporte
anyone noticed in the bottom pics the chassis held to gether by the red glue and monobolts.haha love that, these chassis are so light, used to be a mechanical engineer in the factory making these and the lotus. stunning

Toureg vW Transporte
yeah bonded another word for glued. its a interesting process, all tose individual parts are put on a jig, then layer of the red glue put on, monobolts put in place to hold the parts whilst theyre still wet, then put in an oven to cure the glue, then the monobolts have no part in the structure..just if ur interested lol