ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lawro's Super Clean Titanium 182 - Progress Thread

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Arran, didn't stay away too long then mate haha! ;)

Genuinely think Titanium is the best colour for them, they are so overlooked but it I had a pound for everytime someone has said they wished they got a Titanium I could afford some Brembo's! Lol

Haha a know mate, just can't keep away!

Couldnt agree more, often overlooked them in the past but seeing a few in the flesh and seeing yours has drastically changed my opinion. If I get this i know where I'll be for ideas ;)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
lovely work. . Thought you'd of swapped by now ;)

I have considered selling it but I don't even know what I would advertise it for.. I have a figure in my head but whether someone would pay it is another story I guess..

I even bought it it's own garage at the weekend lol!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Without knowing what the figure is I can't comment..It must be hard valueing something you've spent so much money and time bringing to what is an awesome standard..

RB Clio 182
Very very nice mate love your car, have you changed the screws in the front wheel arches that hold the front bumper and arch liners in?

Mine are rusty and im wanting some but dont know what size to order :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Coming along nicely dude :)

The steering wheel is perfect, really need to get mine done.

Cheers man! It's the best money I have spent on it! Worth every penny.

Without knowing what the figure is I can't comment..It must be hard valueing something you've spent so much money and time bringing to what is an awesome standard..

As is, I would probably consider an offer around £4,500. I have spent more than that on the thing in the last year.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Very very nice mate love your car, have you changed the screws in the front wheel arches that hold the front bumper and arch liners in?

Mine are rusty and im wanting some but dont know what size to order :)

Cheers Tom!

I tried to purchase some from Renault and apparently you can't buy them anymore so I removed mine and had them powdercoated in the end mate. Makes it all look a little fresher rather than those horrid looking rusty bolts.

Baby arrived yet mate?

RB Clio 182
Cheers Tom!

I tried to purchase some from Renault and apparently you can't buy them anymore so I removed mine and had them powdercoated in the end mate. Makes it all look a little fresher rather than those horrid looking rusty bolts.

Baby arrived yet mate?

Thanks mate, yes he is 6 months old on thur, thats why i havnt done much to the car lately lol.

RB Clio 182
Jesus Christ! Where does time go?! Very belated congratulations then mate!

Tell me about it mate and very much appreciated thanks pal :)

I will probably see you at css if you are going mate?

Im on regular nights now mon-fri, setting off in two mins :(

Ex 182 owner
Lawro... Your insane.. I admire and hate you all in the same thought ;). I can't believe your selling this beauty. What a car, what attention to detail. I can't believe you have just done THAT seat upgrade and now your selling.

i am not saying I wanted to copy your car but mine is on a similar journey. The PMS tops arrived yesterday. Just it's never going to be that level of "clean"

why why why... Is this not January, when I would have been sending you retainer deposits just to not sell it before I saw it. It's got to be worth every penny of your asking price. I love my 182 Ti to bits and in the 6 months of ownership only 2 cars have come up that have made me wish I could buy again. One was a "Big ticket" un molested trophy, but yours is by far the best!

I really hope for your sanity, what your getting to replace is truly what you want.

All the best,

Amazing car.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Lawro... Your insane.. I admire and hate you all in the same thought ;). I can't believe your selling this beauty. What a car, what attention to detail. I can't believe you have just done THAT seat upgrade and now your selling.

i am not saying I wanted to copy your car but mine is on a similar journey. The PMS tops arrived yesterday. Just it's never going to be that level of "clean"

why why why... Is this not January, when I would have been sending you retainer deposits just to not sell it before I saw it. It's got to be worth every penny of your asking price. I love my 182 Ti to bits and in the 6 months of ownership only 2 cars have come up that have made me wish I could buy again. One was a "Big ticket" un molested trophy, but yours is by far the best!

I really hope for your sanity, what your getting to replace is truly what you want.

All the best,

Amazing car.

Thanks mate, really appreciate the kind words. I probably am Insane lol!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Well the car has sold today, it's going off to Blackpool on Sunday to it's new owner who is a previous 182 owner!

He has promised me the car will be looked after and I am sure it will be in good hands.

Its been one hell of a journey over the last few years, by far the best car I have ever owned! I will probably regret the decision to sell, in fact I feel pretty sick but it's been done for the right reasons.

I will enjoy the remaining days of my ownership and looking forward to it's last even at WaxStock at the weekend.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Gutted its been sold mate.

So whats next?

End of an era :(

Whats next mate?

Cheers guys, I am pretty gutted too but as you know it was the correct decision.

I have gone for something completely different to my usual car preference! I originally intended to buy an E36 M3 but it's so much work trying to find a nice one and I think I would only end up in the same situation I was with the Clio, so decided against that.

I will post some photos when I collect it on Sunday!

Sad to see this bud, but glad it's off to a good home and I can't wait to see what you make of your next car :)

Thanks man!

Im gutted as you no lawro that u have got rid

Enjoy the M3 mate

No M3 now mate, gone for something completely different lol!

hope you got the full asking price!

Shame to see the end of it, but you got vit to such a good state. credit to you

Me too Stef, I am hoping the new owner will follow in my footsteps.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Good to see you got the full asking price! You didn't sell it too a RenaultUK member then? ;)

Think I may be able to guess what's next, I'll keep quiet!

Hell no! Wouldn't know a good car if it slapped them in the face lol!

Have a guess mate, you will be wrong lol! ;)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
You will see in due course lol! Only a handful of people know, it something I have been after for a while and the 'right' one came up for sale so all being well it will be on my drive on Sunday.. That's if the mrs hasn't murdered me, she doesn't know it's a 10 hour round trip yet! LOL

RB197
You will see in due course lol! Only a handful of people know, it something I have been after for a while and the 'right' one came up for sale so all being well it will be on my drive on Sunday.. That's if the mrs hasn't murdered me, she doesn't know it's a 10 hour round trip yet! LOL
Hahahhahaha!

Titanium 182
Hi all, just to let you know I am the lucky soon to be owner of Lawro's 182:clap: :approve: I actually saw his pictures and said "god I wish that was up for sale" and then to my surprise it went up a few days later. I was looking at a few other examples including one in Glasgow with Trophy Recaros but they all had nothing on Lawro's so it had to be done! I will continue the project thread (not that there is anything left to do haha) and will ensure this car stays looking box fresh. I actually intend to keep hold of this car for quite a long time and will more than likely garage it if and when I decide to change only to be used for special occasions to try and preserve it as a classic. Will also make sure it comes to meets!

Jake.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Hi all, just to let you know I am the lucky soon to be owner of Lawro's 182:clap: :approve: I actually saw his pictures and said "god I wish that was up for sale" and then to my surprise it went up a few days later. I was looking at a few other examples including one in Glasgow with Trophy Recaros but they all had nothing on Lawro's so it had to be done! I will continue the project thread (not that there is anything left to do haha) and will ensure this car stays looking box fresh. I actually intend to keep hold of this car for quite a long time and will more than likely garage it if and when I decide to change only to be used for special occasions to try and preserve it as a classic. Will also make sure it comes to meets!

Jake.

I have faith that you will look after it, it you don't.. I know where you live! Lol ;)

I am sure you will enjoy your ownership, it really is a special car and I still feel sick about letting it go. I expect a few tears will be due on Sunday but it's going to a good home and that's the most important thing to me.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Jake.

Congratulations on buying pretty much the tidiest 182 money can buy :)

LOL at the 10 hour drive to collect the new motor. Searching high and low for an absolute minter as per usual :rasp:

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Congratulations on buying pretty much the tidiest 182 money can buy :)

LOL at the 10 hour drive to collect the new motor. Searching high and low for an absolute minter as per usual :rasp:

Knows it! Zoe is well pleased as you can imagine..