ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are all coilovers realy stiff?/ good coilovers for bumpy roads?

rite im looking for some coilovers but i live in the countryside and most the roads are all bumpy.

I find the origanals are too soft but dont want somthing that is going to make the car feel nervous and skippy wen goin fast. Its not nessercerry but i wouldent mind payin abit more for adjustable damping ones so i can siffen them up for wen im on some of the better roads

Cheers Ryan

clio sport 172
I Haven't got them on my 172 but I did have a set
of AVO coil overs on my T5R. And a lot of the ride
quality comes down to your spring rates and whether
your springs are pre loaded or not. It took me about
two or three goes with different springs till I was happy
luckily AVO were brilliant. I hope that helps a little?

It really does depend on the kit in question. Some are harsh as f**k and not really much use for road use and others are perfectly acceptable.

I Haven't got them on my 172 but I did have a set
of AVO coil overs on my T5R. And a lot of the ride
quality comes down to your spring rates and whether
your springs are pre loaded or not. It took me about
two or three goes with different springs till I was happy
luckily AVO were brilliant. I hope that helps a little?
yeah cheers for that, i understand that it is down to spring rates is there anyway of finding out them

It really does depend on the kit in question. Some are harsh as f**k and not really much use for road use and others are perfectly acceptable.
erm not looking at any surtain kit, just looking for coilovers that are not too harsh, do you know of any that arnt to bad or the ones that are harsh as f**k.
Cheers Ryan :)

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Unless you want to go really low (over 60mm) or want to go to a track day, coilovers are a waste of money imo

Unless you want to go really low (over 60mm) or want to go to a track day, coilovers are a waste of money imo
what springs would you recomend between 40-60 would like to go 60mm but if it means i can only go 40mm for decent ill do that
Cheers

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
You have two options, lowering springs or fixed ride hight and fixed damping suspension. When my old suspension collapsed i bought G-Max shocks and springs. It said it lowered by 35 mm but was more like 55mm. That way you have a shorter piston in the damper and a better damping rate which makes the suspension handle much better and also makes the suspension reliable. Lowering springs are cheaper but dislocate easily and ruin the ride and handling. Id ask someone with a DCI what the real drop is on suspension if you do it, but your better off spending 250 for a good set-up. IMO lowering springs are a bodge without proper dampers.