ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Bosch wipers still the best?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi noticed one of my front wipers is bent and the rubber has fallen down (and doesn't want to seem to go back in place!)

I want to order some new ones, and might as well uprate them at the same time. I heard ages ago Bosch were the best, is this still the case? Do they make brand specific ones, or are they just universal fitment? If so, what one's do I need? Is it worth paying extra for the ones with spoilers, as seen here...

http://speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Bosch_Wiper_Blades_With_Spoiler_.html

Any ideas on the best place to get them if anyone has... or are the ones posted above a good enough price :approve: just ordered some Richbrook stuff from them but it's free delivery so cool if I order some more bits! Thanks...

i got some bosch flat blades but it looks like they the wrong way round? the spoiler bit faces me not towards road? but anyway they aer good at clearing the window, no smears etc

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
i got some bosch flat blades but it looks like they the wrong way round? the spoiler bit faces me not towards road? but anyway they aer good at clearing the window, no smears etc

They have give you the wrong sort did it to me too !! clio wipers sweep opposite way to other cars .

you should have part number AR530S Thats why your spoilers the wrong way round ;)

tiTTy & SV650
Eurocarparts are good for standard bosch blades.

Do you get a spoiler version of these fandango flat blades?

BMW M135i
Valeo ftw. Bosch are great until they start smearing after 30 seconds, they used to be better though.

clio 1.2 16v,
you need to try get clio, bosch blades, clios have really curved windscreens, old blades i sold didnt bend enough nor do the other make bosch ones,

get the rites ones they ar ea little bit more but looads better

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi so got these through the other day... can't get the normal ones off lol :S with my Corsa one's it was so easy, pull, off... two seconds!

Had three of us with puzzled faces though at the Clio! Even a previous owner was scared of snapping it...

DSC00544EDIT.jpg

DSC00545EDIT.jpg

Now looking the parts in red, do I have to pinch them together or force it out or something!? There's also a little plastic lever which moves but doesn't seem to do anything. Someone help a n00b :rasp:

Chav Rocket
i think u need to push the pin at the bottom of the clip in and pull the blade down on the arm then it hooks out.
look at it carefully and it will make sense!

They have give you the wrong sort did it to me too !! clio wipers sweep opposite way to other cars .

you should have part number AR530S Thats why your spoilers the wrong way round ;)

I have the exact same problem, got mine from josh hatton. However I took a photo of the box before binning it and can confirm i was sent AR 530 S blades, which should technically be the right ones. One the back however they do say they are designed for RHD cars, whereas the clios have LHD spec wipers.

@ Kayzee, in theory they should just pull off the arm when they are in the position you have them in the picture. There may be a little tab you are meant to pull on the clip which is holding it into the arm.

I've not been impressed with my bosch tbh. They stick well to the windscreen and worked great, but they have now started smearing after 10months. I don't think its a grease issue either. Might as well get cheapo's for £12 if they're only going to last the same.