ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are rear grooved discs worth the hassle

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I've just picked up a full set of front and rear brembo grooved discs and pads. They were brand new and cheap. I intend certainly fitting the fronts however the rears will need bearings pressing in and ABS rings fitting. Now I'm guessing I'm never really going to get any benefit for normal use. They do look good but I'm just wondering whether it's worth the hassle with the rears.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine came with grooved rear discs. I've got standard ones to replace them now that a bearing is away in them. Standards come with the ring and bearing ready to go.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Yes. I bought this set really for the front discs and pads. They were all brembo, all new, they are the grooved discs and they cost £70 for the lot. If I have to spend a bit on bearings and abs rings I don't mind but it seems some people have trouble pressing the bearings in and the abs rings

200,182 Trophy, Cup
It's was all 4 discs and pads for £70 . I bought them off a kid who had bought them for his 182 but never got round to fitting them

I have a set of new ABS rings from my new rear Renault OE discs which I removed as they went on my Cup so weren't needed anyway

If you decide to go with the Brembos let me know and cover the postage. Bearings however I cannot help you with but no real issue for someone to press in

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Brembo don't make rear grooved discs (the Max range) for the 172/182 so they may not be Brembo/or may be done "in house" on Brembo plain discs

If you're wanting to use what you have, use decent wheel bearings like SNR and make sure the little spacers are fitted behind the rear discs