ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are standard 1*2 injectors man enough for my engine?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Doing a search on this subject gives answers that are clear as mud & raises more questions than answers 🙄

Engine spec: High comp pistons, port matched inlets, 182 manifold & Group N cam timing

So when it's time for mapping, are the standard 172 injectors going to be man enough or would I be better off going for 197 injectors instead?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I know the 225 injectors are deffo overkill for this engine
Looking at what @Coops Mk1 is running on his & I don't think mine will be anywhere near that sort of power so I'm not really sure what to use

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have 197’s in mine and that’s just with 421 cams, matched inlets, ktec filter and the standard 182 manifold as fitted by engine dynamics when they mapped it years ago. They opted to do this due to my standard 182 injectors being at 95% duty which they whernt happy with for a track car which of course is almost always at full throttle, or is at least around Snet.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
197 injectors will work best. But who told you to run Grp n cam timing with hi comp? I’m not sure how that’s gonna work out tbh.

The idea behind Grp n cam timing is to alter the dynamic compression ratio to get the most out of the standard engine.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Either 197 injectors

Or some MĂ©gane injectors (not 225) they're Pico style identical to standard ones
IWP098 - 280CC/min

Or the standard ones will do if you can run a higher fuel pressure of 4bar.