ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are the APEX Springs as hard as some people say?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Completly ruins the handling imo.

Bump skips over the road down country lanes, crashy, shocks bottom out over potholes....

I would personally avoid. (I've had them on two of my clio's)

S3, Polo
As above.

Eibach's fitted to my car this weekend after having the Apex for a few thousand miles.

Apex: Make the car look good/ make the car and your fillings rattle!

Eibach: Better body control/ smoother drive/ feels like a different and better car!! :)

A blue one
im gona go ahead and go for the eibach sportlines, there about £140 of k tec. anyone used these and could tell me what there like, there going on my 1.2 cheers.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
dont get apex

rubbish

glad to get rid of mine - get the pro lines

Focus RS mk1
i have them and can homestly say i dnt like them. getting them swapped for coilovers very soon. on other hand they do make the car look good but if you want performance dnt get them.

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
Yes they do mate , im still running the standard wheels with 195.45.16 and its still hard as nails , and the roads around my way are dog sh1t as well .

if u have 17" then forget it mate

Clio 1.4 RT
I had apex springs on my micra, the ride was so hard I buckled an alloy after hitting a humpback bridge a bit fast. :eek:

It did drift nicely though, rattled me to pieces and motorway journeys were awful

Clio 1.4 RT
ok , whats the score there then . pics ?

thats got to be the craziest sentance of the day :rasp:

As requested, a few shots of my micra build:

newlightsoff.jpg

Img00036.jpg

DSC00002-2.jpg

Img00013.jpg

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
How funny , are they R5 turbo wheels ?

whats going on with the fog light in the rear bumper ?

Clio 1.4 RT
The fog light was a failed project, I cut the hole out whilst under the influence....

Yeah, the R5 wheels were destroyed last time it snowed, I span out in the snow and clipped a kerb hard enough to bend the wheel almost in half lol. Still they only cost me £35.

I have since sold the pimped out micra and bought my clio lol, I got fed up of people laughing

M2 Competition
The apex arent as bad as people make out. They're rock hard, with no body roll, and the handling will feel slightly flat and lifeless, but some people like that. Good ride height on them.

They will create rattles though, you'll get rattles like never before within a few days.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Completly ruins the handling imo.

Bump skips over the road down country lanes, crashy, shocks bottom out over potholes....

I would personally avoid. (I've had them on two of my clio's)

Sums em up perfectly really, tho try adding 17s on top of that for a truly "guess what the car is gonna do next??" experience