ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are these any good (short shifter)

RS RIP
supposably they do shorten the throw, BUT rushing gearchanges is something the Renault gearboxes are not made for.

2002 172 cup
I have a full b&m short shift and bought the car with it over a year ago so dont know any different think it was fitted about 45000 miles and car has 80000 now with no complaints so far feels nice shifting but i dont go too hard on it though just nice click click short throw shifting I would go for it if i was you. put it this way i would not want to live with out it after having one so long.

RS RIP
^^ well described , the feel is actually better ; feeling the clicks , shorter and more exact.

Better than the stirring in a pan of soup ;)

I have the MB Carperformance one, without the clutchpin (posted above). In future i WILL be buying the pin to see how that extra 30% throw-decrease feels. It will have nothing to do with rushing my gearchanges , just the feel

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The B&M made a huge difference to the feel of it when I had one, so much better to change gears with it. I found that you didn't need to smash it through the gears with one though, it was naturally a bit quicker and smoother and mine lasted for over 10k miles without any issues at all.