ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are these the same, GDI v Ktec cams.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Cup Turbo, Flamer
Now i've had them fitted mapped etc, it did only give a gain of 16, however i don't know the gain in the mid range, which, from what i understand, that's the 20-25bhp figure

Black Gold with cup packs
These GDI cam packages? do they just supply the parts, Or do they fit them as well.
If I just bought the parts what would it cost to get them fitted?

Can you stay on topic please Mark, we have already established that properly setup cams are 20-25bhp. This is common industry knowledge, Ktec obviously market their bhp claims on it will give you this increase once setup... which again, on top of the correct breathing mods that you need to get the best out of them, then yes, add cams and that's about right in terms of increases is it not? Slating a company because of different marketing methods is a bit unfair dont you think?

And can we keep the personal comments to a minimum? Don't make me get my nasty keyboard out ;)

Can you stay on topic please Mark, we have already established that properly setup cams are 20-25bhp. This is common industry knowledge, Ktec obviously market their bhp claims on it will give you this increase once setup... which again, on top of the correct breathing mods that you need to get the best out of them, then yes, add cams and that's about right in terms of increases is it not? Slating a company because of different marketing methods is a bit unfair dont you think?

And can we keep the personal comments to a minimum? Don't make me get my nasty keyboard out ;)

?

I am just trying to help someone out. Did I miss something.

Johnc172 - if they are both the same model of cat cam there will be no difference. Cams need to be setup to achieve their peak, so breathing mods and remap are essential as part of this setup. GDI say 20-25bhp setup, which is correct. K-tec's will be as an increase assuming you already have these other mods.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Here we go again....lol, Cheers for the Pm by the way Jon, doesn't look like i can get time off though, bastid work people!

cup 182 mit stripes
So you got cams fitted, John, tell me more! as I aim for the same later on.
Are you impressed with performance increase, describe it, what other mods you got ,ect.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
One word mate, AWESOME! Mods i've got are:

Cat cams
AWT inlet
182 manifold (ceramic coated race spec)
BMC filter
Decat
Exhaust
Superchip
Completely stripped (roof lining the lot!)

Produced 204bhp at the flywheel.

With the new cams fitted, driving around town locally is much more easy than it was before due to the increased low down torque and smoothness of the engine, when you step on the loud pedal though, all hell breaks loose! 2nd gear is an animal and the power is delivered smoothly and not in one big burst, well until you get to about 6k and you really start moving, 3rd gear has improved a lot as well, also thanks to the increased torque!

To get an idea of how quick it is, i had a quick blast with my mates R33 GTS T skyline last night, it's running approx 320hp, and we were side by side at the end of third gear from a standing start (private road of course!)

All in all i'm very impressed and worth it in my opinion, then again my car is a dedicatd track car where i'll benefit from the power coming in higher in the revs.

I'll get some 0-100 vids as soon as i can

cup 182 mit stripes
Sounds great! nothing wrong with power coming in with a bang though.
Who did the work on it?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Mark Fish did all the work for me, only 30 mins downs the road from me so easy to get to as well!

Yeah i reckon it could make more with a stand alone system, thinks that's next on my list!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Dunno about that jon...20bhp from cams is a bit much! 10-15max imo!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
What about the all important torque, Ali?

Probably very similar mod for mod, my torque figure increased fairly linearly to the BHP figure...Does that make sence...?

10-15ft/lb increase...Tryin to think who had the highest Non tb'd car...That blue 182 RC somebody....But that thing was not the best...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I will see if I can get my latest RR graph up. You can get an idea of what a cammed cars curve looks like.

Yours is slightly different tho, I didn't real all this thread...It's not about tb'd cars is it?

I have scribbled on roughly the values at each 500rpm increment.

totd.jpg

cup 182 mit stripes
Aye, no bad. lol. Wonder who will be the 'in' tuner when I get my mods done next year? Will the current ones reps have suffered more blows, and will there be new killer Clio mods?
Young Lee at Falkland [no he's not Ben's brother] was telling me about another poor Scottie coming back over the border much pissed off after spending 3k plus at K Tec and the bloody car going slower than before. lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye, no bad. lol. Wonder who will be the 'in' tuner when I get my mods done next year? Will the current ones reps have suffered more blows, and will there be new killer Clio mods?
Young Lee at Falkland [no he's not Ben's brother] was telling me about another poor Scottie coming back over the border much pissed off after spending 3k plus at K Tec and the bloody car going slower than before. lol

Me and stoddie are off to falkland on the 3rd of sept mate. Seem a good bunch of guys over there! :)

172's are about 166-169bhp typically, mine with only cams was 195 looking at it's old results. Imo it's about right.

cup 182 mit stripes
I've just noticed Mark's new avatar. lol I wish I could do things on my computer like that.

I'm wanting to get my post count up to a thousand then retire.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

172's are about 166-169bhp typically, mine with only cams was 195 looking at it's old results. Imo it's about right.

Didn't know you had a 172 before this one??

Was that on the same rollers?? My 172 was 171 as std. Then 192.6 at the end of the day. Non cam'd!

Status
Not open for further replies.