ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are xenons safe in dual optics?

They're just normal halogen bulbs with a blue coating you've linked to... so yes, they'll be fine... but expect to be pulled over if they're too blue.

Nissan 350z
Yeah they are illegal. FYI without being self leveling (Ph1 headlights arent) and without having headlight washer jets (again Ph1 doesnt) its illegal to use HIDs.

Just dont MOT with them in and you will be alright. I used them for the best of 7 months never got flashed by other drivers or pulled etc.

ah its the HID police!

Youl be fine, dual optics ie projector headlights are what they are put in anyway. Just dont take the piss with purple HIDs that are obviously illegal.

Clio Dynamique
I have these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-MTV-SPORT-172-98-xenon-bulbs-H7-501_W0QQitemZ310142099504QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item310142099504&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Bought them about 5 months ago and never had any problems, still going strong! You also get the side lights for free :cool:. When i got mine the packaging is all Japanese and i was a dubious of wether they would work, but they do and their great! Makes your car look sporty aswell!

PH1 172 Sport
As far as I am aware they are fully legal as an aftermarket modification providing you have projector lenses. If they come with the car from the factory then they need to be auto leveling etc.

Mine went through the MOT fine.

J

jakm15

I'd get a proper xenon kit personally with bulbs and ballasts, can be had for £40 on ebay.

is that called a hid kit, also ive done the conversion from singles to duals so can i still use them?

They're just normal halogen bulbs with a blue coating you've linked to... so yes, they'll be fine... but expect to be pulled over if they're too blue.

i have got some the same in my singles at the moment and they arn't blue they shine white so should be ok, just wanted to know weather they wont melt or break anything. also it says they are filled with xenon gas so they arn't halogens then are they?

HB3 HID's is what you need, and they look awesome, can also be had for £40 from the bay!

Yeah they are illegal. FYI without being self leveling (Ph1 headlights arent) and without having headlight washer jets (again Ph1 doesnt) its illegal to use HIDs.

Just dont MOT with them in and you will be alright. I used them for the best of 7 months never got flashed by other drivers or pulled etc.

how would they know though? unless they are HID experts lol

ah its the HID police!

Youl be fine, dual optics ie projector headlights are what they are put in anyway. Just dont take the piss with purple HIDs that are obviously illegal.

ye just get normal ones

I have these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...s=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:200

Bought them about 5 months ago and never had any problems, still going strong! You also get the side lights for free :cool:. When i got mine the packaging is all Japanese and i was a dubious of wether they would work, but they do and their great! Makes your car look sporty aswell!

ye they look the same as what ive got in my singles

As far as I am aware they are fully legal as an aftermarket modification providing you have projector lenses. If they come with the car from the factory then they need to be auto leveling etc.

Mine went through the MOT fine.

thanks