ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight relay Question! anyone electrically minded please!

Hi guys: this is for anyone electrically minded!

I'm hoping to re-wire my dual-optics with a relay on each for those of us who aren't graced with a fully populated UCH fuse panel.
So I've bought myself some extra wire, a couple of relays, and I've got a /rough/ plan on how this ought to be wired up. If anyone has an electrically-savvy mind, can they please have a look?

The basic plan is to have the dipped circuit wired as normal, a 5 Pin NO-SPST Relay (with pins 30, 85, 86, 87, 87a) connected to the main beam circuit so that when the dipped lights are put on, they light up as you'd expect with the split H4 wires. When the Main-beam is activated, it will activate the relay, providing a path from the battery to pin 87+87a. I will then run the main beam off Relay Pin 87, and have a second wire go from Pin 87a to the Dipped HB3+

Relay Pin 30 -> Fused Battery live
Relay Pin 87 -> H7 Main +ve
Relay Pin 87a -> HB3 Dipped +ve(piggy spade/snap lock)
Relay Pin 86 -> GND
H4 Dipped +ve -> HB3 Dipped +ve
H4 Main +ve -> Relay Pin 85
H4 Common GND -> HB3 Dipped -ve
H4 Common GND -> H7 Main -ve

Does this seem right? Can anyone spot a problem or anything i've overlooked?

Last edited: