ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARGH, b*****d solid top mounts!

ClioSport 172 Cup
So peed off. Wanted to put my standard 172 cup springs back on tonight. What a nightmare I had with my solid top mounts. The big threaded ring on one of them has somehow become threaded and its getting so far on then locking tight, i had to ease it off with a screwdriver and rubber mallet, took forever!!! I dunno what to do now, do I ditch these solid top mounts and go back to standards?? Or can I repair the thread on this one? Im stuck at the moment because I now have a top mount and the ring is only just on, i dont even know if the car is safe to drive like this just for another day? I'm really angry at this because I've only had these mounts for a year.

Samuel

http://photobucket.com/172cupsam photos of the top mount where the ring has threaded tight

172/1.2/E30
mhmmmm Compbrake's finest! Get rid of them and change to OEM or ktec/AST/pure motorsports top mounts. I wouldn´t drive the car with the top mounts in this "position". Grind the big threaded ring off as they are supposed to fly in the bin anyway.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Well I usually have problems with the simplest things on the car lol. No probs with the Compbrakes hence the confusion about all the hate for them :rolleyes:

ClioSport 172 Cup
They are rubbish, got a shock off today and the sleeve that sits below the top mount had rusted onto the shock, had to hacksaw it off. GT Rob, what time will you be in burton on sunday? Pm me time and place. I am at work sunday though so it might not work out. If so I will pop down to you Saturday morning probably , if you are around?

Cheers,

Samuel