ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARP Rod Bolts Actually worth doing on a......

TrackCar & F30 330d
So the engine in my track only 182 is complete standard and with ITB's

Its going to spend most of its time up in the revs and so my recent thought was to treat myself to a set of ARP bolts.

But the engine is standard internally so are they actually worth doing just on there own or should i just drive the car hard untill it goes pop.

I have no intentions of building a second fancy engine. If the engine goes then i will break the whole car up.

Lionel Richie
Its only bolts BIGASH, that doesn't make me the best person for them LOL! If you're always at high rpm then do them!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
This worth it on a completely standard engine that is in high revs quite alot?

How easy are they to fit?

I was going to ask the same?

If you see 7000+ rpm often, yes.

Fitting, depends on a couple of factors. How handy are you with spanners, how well equipped you are, if the sumps been off and some b*****d has over tightened the sump bolts or rounded them.

Obviously I have 2 post ramps so access isn't a problem, drop the drivers side of the sub frame slightly, engine support frame above and it shimmys out. Then remove the old ones and fit new ARP's.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
If you see 7000+ rpm often, yes.

Fitting, depends on a couple of factors. How handy are you with spanners, how well equipped you are, if the sumps been off and some b*****d has over tightened the sump bolts or rounded them.

Obviously I have 2 post ramps so access isn't a problem, drop the drivers side of the sub frame slightly, engine support frame above and it shimmys out. Then remove the old ones and fit new ARP's.

Yes it does see 7000+ rpm often mate. :)

I'm not that great with spanners and are not very well equipped. Lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
My sump is weeping I might kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get these done at the same time. Is most the labour in getting the sump off?

I will admit I do like to hear my Clio scream.

53 Clio's & counting
Definitely worth it imo if just for piece of mind, on the standard limit it's not too bad unless you literally live at the limiter, but for any car with a raised limiter I would fit them

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ok well i'm now on the look out for some ARP bolts.

Do i have to buy a new sump gasket? Does anybody have a part number for it?

340i
Yes.

I've fitted a set on my Megane, the cost of fitting them is a little cheaper than a bolt snapping and killing the engine :)

Was thinking about getting these...

I'm just about to do the sump gasket(mainly want to see if there's any silicone in the oil pump

The car is a Williams with cams,pulleys and raised limiter(7.5K)(6.5K originally)
(just bought jenvey's yesterday for it also :))

Can these be reused if taken off the car?
Do they need to be torqued up?